Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
Hi,

I am a recent graduate and have just joined a T1 firm. I want to desperately (for personal reason) move out of the country? I am okay with most jurisdictions i.e. UK, Ireland, Singapore, Australia, Canada & US.

Can someone who is experienced or has friends who have successfully made this maneuver please guide me? I know it’s bit difficult to transfer without some experience in Indian law firms but I am still holding out some hope.

P.s.: Please refrain from replying if you just want to make a comment on my decision to move out, I am looking for genuine advice.

Thank you in advance.
You can move out, but you'll never really belong in any of those places.
Absolutely no reading comprehension! Literally mentions in the post to refrain from replying if you are just going to make random comments.
You can consider doing your LLM in Canada's top universities (preferably Toronto) and network your way to an internship and then sign Articles with one of the big law firms if you can, as your chances of being hired after that are high, unless you mess up real bad. Getting into a big law firm in Canada won't be very difficult if you're in the top 2-3 universities.

If you can bear the cold for 7-8 months of the year, Canada is a great option. You'll actually belong there and be treated just like anybody else.
It isn't easy at all. I'm trying to do exactly the same thing (albeit with two years of work ex and an LLM from a T6 in the US). I would avoid the US, you'll have to sit the bar exam two months after graduation (which is insane I have friends studying 12+ hours everyday) and if you don't manage a job before mid-October (90 days after your OPT kicks in - bar results come out end October) you will likely have to leave the US. This is NOT to say it isn't possible - I wish you all the very best and hope you make it out, I'm trying to tell you that those who manage through the US route aren't too many.

Another alternative is going to a top 50 (as listed in UK's HPI visa eligibility list) and then taking the UK route through the high potential individual visa. I hope this helps.