Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
The last line is ominous!

"As the dialogue continues on the issue, Dr. Bhasin is optimistic that there will be a proper resolution to the issue without anyone taking records to the courts of law."

Should we then expect for another 20 year delay because "someone" (wink wink) approaches the courts?

https://bwlegalworld.businessworld.in/article/Indian-Legal-Profession-Is-Second-To-None-In-The-World-Dr-Lalit-Bhasin/24-06-2023-481734/
This was the initial reaction of kings and nawabs who were forced to give up kingdoms and integrate their kingdoms in India.Tier1 lalas feeling the threat to their kingdoms and refusing foreign law firm entry is not going to help them anymore.Once FTA formalised, its bye bye SILF.Good riddance to bad rubbish.
SILF is no one to decide for lawyers and legal sector.They just want to pander to their rich lala friends.SILF is basically rich lawyers union bent on obstructing the greater good of legal sector in India.How will nepotism thrive if foreign law firms and merit culture are allowed in legal industry?Right?How will mediocre counsel continue to command high fees if they have competition?
I had posted links to some old articles on Lalit Bhasin published by India today in the 1980s. The moderator censored it for some weird reason. The articles said that he was a Congress party worker who worked as a lobbyist and brokered deals between industrialists and the Congress party. Bhasin then wrote back India Today attacking them and claiming that he was a respectable lawyer and not a fixer. You can find it in the archives of the India Today website.
LaliBhas should chill and enjoy retirement as would be prudent for his state of physical and mental fitness. SILF is Self Interest Law Firm cartel and most (if not all) corporate law firms in India will have a revelation when foreign firms enter. Lalas and Lalis (this one for Z...wink wink) will not enjoy the top tier status. Good bye LaliBhas.
In this matters I think Modiji won't ban foreign law firm entry.PM wants the FTA between India UK finalized,UK is bent in getting foreign law firms into India and without this FTA won't be finalized.So Adaniji can speak for his brother in law but I doubt PM will act as per that advice.