Read 14 comments as:
Filter By
HI LIers,

My Internship is confirmed at SAM in the Cap Marks Team at Mumbai, and is scheduled to begin soon. Unfortunately, the internship period is limited to a measly 2 weeks, that too virtual. Few questions-

1. Does this particular team usually give extensions/ Call backs

2. How do I prove myself in 2 weeks?

3. In which year does SAM consider an intern for PPOs- 3rd/ 4rth/ 5th- considering I am in a Top 3 NLU

4. How much do grades matter for a PPO, considering I am willing to go head over heels with my performance?

Regards,

▮▮▮
If u are from a T1 NLU, placement is all but confirmed. Congrats!
SAM is literally not having slots open ever, how are y'all getting internships
if you're looking for a extension, switch to GC. To an intern, their Cap Marks team is shit, you'll almost get no work. They won't even know your existence.
No. Try your luck in other firms. SAM cap marks does not have any vacancies now.
Capmarks hiring happens in bulk and then leads to mass firings once the deals are done and market is slow. M&A/Banking seems like the better choice for heaven's sake. Avoid capital markets!
Indus also overhired in bulk for capmarks and the same goes for Khaitan too. JSA, AZB and Trilegal barely have a sound team in this space so its wiser to go for GC/M&A, if not otherwise.
Which year does SAM give PPOs? 4rth/ 5th year? Im about to enter the 4rth year and have one confirmed with SAM.