Read 18 comments as:
Filter By
A Turkish ice cream shop near my house (Delhi) is advertising 28K salary per month for an ice cream juggler. So this is more than what 90% of what young lawyers make in India, right? Granted that a regular ice cream scooper earns much less (10K a month) and that an ice cream juggler requires some practice, but surely that doesn't justify the salary discrepancy vis-a-vis law? Isn't it time young lawyers were paid fairly?
The problem of the profession is that once badly paid young lawyers become older and successful, they forget about the earlier phase of their lives completely or even worse, consider it as a rite of passage for the next generation.
Correct. I remember that even Aditya Sondhi once gave an interview saying that young lawyers shouldn't expect high salaries. That was really sad coming from an NLSIU grad, a non-nepo kid and a first-gen lawyer.
This will require appropriate training in college. A young lawyer cannot file a simple bail application and cannot even juggle ice-cream. A TIL juggler can atleast juggle.
Lol, just ine requires Bail application format and a practice of drafting it with applying mind. It ain't some rocket science. So in name of teaching lawyer stop exploiting.
Should this not-rocket science be taught in colleges? BTW, engineering students actually learn rocket science in college.

And then there are moots which are as useless as bullshit when it comes to practical application of law.
Completely irrelevant. An ice cream juggler has no respect in society, whereas a lawyer is highly respected and law is seen as a prestigious profession. Also, an ice cream juggler will always have a pay ceiling after 5-10 years. whereas a lawyer can earn 40-50 crores a year after 20-30 years of experience.
kaha respect mil rha hai bhai? 40-50Crores are earned through nepotism and not merit.
whole SC is a dumping ground for breeding nepotism, but milord to equality sirf gender me hi laenge yaha unko time kaha hai milord ko.

milord ka attention yaha kaise laaye milord toh khud nepotism k prabal davdedar hai.

milord ka fans aate hi honge abhi justify karne
yeah highly respected my @shes.
when the most stereotype joke is are you a lawyer or liar?
or when they say it to your face or behind you, that lawyers are shit.
that's the respect you're talking about?
or when a young lawyer practicing is hardly making anything to meet bare end, or when he cant even go out to a restaurant with friend thinking of his share at home only and making up some excuses, even though your friends know you're broke, or when you're at the dating age but could not date because you have no money, and probably will have to settle with someone you dont want.

Yeah lots of respect in the society.
Would so called "Respect", Oh lord! would give me 3 time decent food and decent lodging. World run on money. So certain/ decent compensation should be provided.
Honestly, being an ice cream juggler is way cooler. You also spread happiness. What do lawyers spread, except corruption and nepotism?

In terms of money, if an ice cream juggler is smart he can train 20 jugglers, open a chain of parlours and possibly make more money than most lawyers.
Barring corp law firm people in Delhi/Mumbai and nepo kids, I don't think lawyers earn humungous amounts. I think most lawyers in India will earn max 1.5 to 2 cr a year and most will be happy with 50 lakhs a year. Kapil Sibal and Cyril Shroff don't represent the majority!

In comparison, many street food hawkers in big cities easily earn between 1 to 5 lakhs a month.
Young lawyers should work independently instead of depending on some seniors for these low wages. All you need is a computer and a printer and access to the internet.