Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
Hi

I am 25 year old recent graduate of law currently working in a corporate office. I am want to work as lawyer in Australia but i am little afraid that how much is the scope of a Indian lawyer in Australia.

I want to as a corporate lawyer and i am also ready to pass their bar exam but one thing will they accept us a lawyer or can i make good amount of money their after 4-5 years of struggle in the field of law.
Heyo my cousin is practising law in Australia. I can help you in this. So firstly , since Australia very well follows the Common Law System , you won’t have much trouble settling in. So there are two ways - either you sit for their Graduate Diploma in Legal Training course or you directly apply to their law firms from your college. Remember , even if you want to directly apply for their law firms , it’s good to have a practise in local law for two years as a solicitor. For each state , there is a streamlined registration process. The corporate law firm you intend to join will suggest you even to practise litigation for one year especially if you are from India. Regarding the scope , the opportunities are scattered everywhere. In the beginning it may seem a little intimidating, but slowly and slowly you will just be fine. And the money is great. My cousin is working in Brisbane and he reports that an average base salary can exceed $140k even in minimum standards. You have to get your academic overview checked ffrom the authority responsible for revising your practising standards. For instance , if you had a good GPA and come from a prestigious college , your chances are slightly (not by a large) higher. However , with so many border exchange and especially educational programmes our country have with the Aussies , as per my cousin , it has become quite easy to go , study and practise law there. All the best!
Hi

I am 25 year old recent graduate of law currently working in a corporate office. I am want to work as lawyer in Australia but i am little afraid that how much is the scope of a Indian lawyer in Australia.

I want to as a corporate lawyer and i am also ready to pass their bar exam but one thing will they accept us a lawyer or can i make good amount of money their after 4-5 years of struggle in the field of law.
Do an MBA in Australia. More chances of finding work and making it big.