Read 43 comments as:
Filter By
Toxic seniors , rotten mess food , pathetic placements and poor academic quality - I am doubtful about my future in NUSRL. Professors resort to occasional favouritism and itโ€™s very difficult to secure placements with the NUSRL name. Any solutions?
Why did you join NUSRL Ranchi in the first place?

Same true about NLU Patna, Guwahati, Sonipat, Shimla, Vizag, Jabalpur, Trichy, Meghalaya, etc. etc.

Don't become a fool in the name of NLU.

Better do a BA/BCom/BSc from a good Delhi University college and join 3 year LLB without paying any humongous fee.

Cost of LLB in NLU Ranchi is 20-25 lakhs in 5 years. Pure waste of time and money.
One should refrain from commenting if they have no knowledge of the situation. The amount you mentioned is nearly twice the actual figure.
Many LinkedIn influencers from current 4th and 5th year batches tho, they give enough gyaan by their posts so check upon them instead
I agree with you on this. And they tell the junior batches to do the same thing.
I wonโ€™t reveal my batch , else my social life will take a toll. One or two months back - there was a food poisoning crisis in the mess. The food contractor had to be fired for his negligence. The students were extremely concerned. Ngl , some seniors are extremely toxic and get good grades due to the said โ€˜favouritismโ€™ that has been mentioned by the OP. You have to remain in the good books of your professors and majority of them will give you grades if you raise any point in class (regardless how dumb it is). You have to remain in the good books of your seniors to get to participate in moots. The worst thing is that the intra-moots are chaired by seniors (what a joke) and there persists a rampant favouritism favouring students who can oil well. I donโ€™t like spitting hatred on my own college , but itโ€™s getting increasingly difficult at NUSRL to survive. A particular batch keeps on increasing deadlines because they canโ€™t complete anything within time. The internship committee barely manages to handout Tier-2 boutique internships and placements at best even after trying their fullest. And these internships are only secured by those who have connections or simply batch toppers (rarely even.) The โ€˜so-calledโ€™ best batch of NUSRL is suffering from horrifying placement stats. Trust me , a lot of people have seen those miserable figures with their own naked eyes. Another factor has become a talk of the town. One of our junior batches (probably 2027) saw around 7-8 people leaving NUSRL after reattempting clat/olets. Clearly the quality has taken a hit. This yearโ€™s (batch of 2028) merit list saw the most number of vacancies from NUSRL. The general rank has even gone down as well. It gives me extreme anxiety sometimes to even think where my future lies in this particular college. So I completely sympathise with the OP. The administration is the worst you can see. There is no proper security for girls hostels. The localities make a very big issue and keep questioning the integrity at every stage possible. The only feeble ray of hope is that the NLSIU Prof has now come as VC - we can see some improvements. This depends on us students as well. It just hurts that instead of working hard , the admin keeps on blaming us. We students try our best to remain relevant and secure placements. The outcome is always the worst thing possible. Not only your seniors , but some your batchmates (thank god we have some good ones) will try to create fuss in the slightest of the matter. To all those who are coming here , work to the extreme ends of this universe to secure your future. Else you will have a rough time. I donโ€™t admire this veil of anonymity. But to stay safe , I kinda have to.
Students need to study harder and focus on improving themselves if they want better internships. You cannot bank on your university's reputation, so the onus is on you to prove your worth to future employers. Build a good CV, learn to write decent cover letters. All of those resources are available on the Internet these days. Above all, read the law.
Yes, learn to use paragraphs when you write!

(cc: NUSRL - wonโ€™t reveal my batch)
Whateverโ€™s mentioned here is 100% truthful. Being from nusrl , I was about to rebut. Just couldnโ€™t.
I always thought using paragraphs while writing is not that difficult, or is it?
We are all in this together arenโ€™t we? Why keep reiterating the same thing when itโ€™s know to everyone else? Our college has gone down to the lowest point in its entire establishment. And yโ€™all know why. The recent reports released by the BOโ€™24 in their non-existent LinkedIn account is laughable to say the least. The situation is so horrid that even the best batch of our times has to use Tier-2 internships (not even a single tier-1 finalised offer or tier-2 for that matter) as their saving grace. The reasons behind these are known to all. Apart from the general situation of non-cooperative admin and increasing reservation of localities , the students just lack any passion. And those who do have passion are snakes , hell-bent on impressing seniors to get opportunities for mooting. There is this one particular guy who is considered a messiah in this college. Extremely problematic and arrogant( for no reason whatsoever) , chooses people from his own sacred bastion who keeps on heaping praises on him. Extremely overrated , that guy is the reason behind nusrlโ€™s downfall. Wonโ€™t even hint towards this person , else I myself will get cancelled. And I definitely donโ€™t want my post to get redacted. If you want grades , just oil the professor. Unlike other NLUs , NUsRL doesnโ€™t even use codes to maintain transparency in checking copies. When you will first join , you will be painted a rosy pic for the first week - โ€˜amazing placements , best mooting culture and research-oriented design of curriculumโ€™- well all these are farce. But what can you do? No one will listen. Appointing a NLSIu prof as a Vc wonโ€™t solve the problems of toxic students and their mediocrity. Even nlu Nagpur is doing better than us , although they have been established four years later. Your mental health will be noticeably worse if you join NUSRL.
Nusrl is doing worse than even Sonipat now. The condition there is terrible.
Lol which person are you talking about? A lot of mediocre people are helmed messiah there and have been cancelled. But at the same time they are given VIP treatment by their juniors. Since you canโ€™t be specific (ofc we have to maintain anonymity here) , letโ€™s leave it there. My advice to people joining this college will be - just donโ€™t
Favoritism, committee politics (especially in MCC and IPC) and boot licking have increased exponentially post 2020 batch. Had to be the case. I hardly see an interest in the students at the college to get good placements. the fact that one can literally count the no. of students who received a tier 1 offer right out of college speaks volume of the quality. All the hard work and efforts to revive the Internship and Placement Committee by Batch of 2020 Batch of 2021 and Batch of 2022 has gone down the drain.

Word of advice to the juniors - Work as hard as you can. Make sure your CV doesn't comprise of only grades but all sorts of extra curricular activities. Participate in moots (if thats not possible due to shitty people handling MCC) go for publications (you don't need an external help here). Focus on quality and quantity both. Go for international publications (people have done it in the past and I see no reason why you guys cannot). Beef up your CV. Talk to seniors who are currently placed at different law firms. They should be able to help you guys. Conduct webinars by associating with different law firms, increase visibility of the college and only then you can get rid of all these stigma.
MCC is very unqualified to judge students by themselves. The process is hilarious to say the least. A certain practice of boot-licking is practised even in several NLUs but the kind that is preached here in NUSRL is horrifying. Talented people with great points are left behind and mediocre people are chosen especially in NUSRL. The academic committees and professors also preach favouritism - whom will you blame here?
Bruh , itโ€™s not a good college at all. Some of my frnds are there and they are facing the heat.
Don't complain about NLUs. You guys have it easy. The name itself is enough to get your foot in the door. Think about us private college people who can't even get internship
The MCC is the worst place to be at NUSRL. Being a junior I have borne the brunt of one so called 'Head' Student there. Extremely arrogant dude with no manners whatsoever. I still don't understand why people even consider these people so highly. Bro, you have your achievements in place but that does not mean you can trample the hopes of others. To everyone coming to NUSRL this year, steer clear of this guy.
Another poor thing has to be some creepy batchmates. I will not be calling out any particular name but this one guy along with his group of friends kept on finding ways to talk to me, kept following me, even taking quick glances at me during classes and I started to find this really awkward after some time so I deliberately tried to avoid him by not replying to his texts, changing my mess timings so that I do not have to cross him except in classroom. Every other girl also told me that he does this to everyone and they try to avoid him. Not just that even when he himself is not around his friends try to keep a check on you and inform him. This guy currently will be starting his โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ year and behaves like a kid thinking that taking these bollywood glances is fun. Try to behave like an adult out of your fantasy world. No girl accepts these creepy behaviour and will talk to you. Respect women and make things less awkward please. Instead consider spending time to get a job before a criminal complaint forces you to rethink your life choices.
A 36-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 12-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 15-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 55-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 21-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 11-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 32-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 10-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 47-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 15-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 22-word comment posted 3 months ago was not published.