Read 60 comments as:
Filter By
Ankit Majmudar when he became partner at Walia gandy. Deserved a standing ovation
Advait Luthra, A0 to direct partner in an year. He would not be more than 25
Because legal field has more nepotism compared to politics and bollywood combined. Be it judiciary, litigation or corporate, first generations are at disadvantage.
Family Members and Relatives? Lots of them in SAM, CAM, AZB etc.

Non-Family Merit? The record is 27, Umakanth Varotil at undivided Amarchand Mangaldas. Later went on to become a law professor at NUS Singapore.
Umakanth sir is from NLS. So proud ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญโค๏ธ
Can some explain how this is possible? Assuming like everyone else he started law school at 17 and graduated at 23 years old.

How and why did he make partner with PQE 4 at age of 27?
Amazing work performance and brilliant execution of M&A deals can put your promotion within a very short amount of time.
What exactly passes off as โ€œamazing work performanceโ€ these days? Must I bill 48 hours every day?
Maybe more if you can in your sleep. Generous work hours along with tremendous brilliance in performance can help you chalk out a plan
Does this include people who have started their own firm after graduation?
I think the answer could be Rishabh Shroff of CAM or Dhruv Anand of Anand & Anand. Neither are from an NLU. One is from GLC and one is from Amity.
The only youngest law firm partner I genuinely respect as he is a first generation professional lawyer (currently an eminent professor in NUS) is Mr Umakanth Varottil. He is from the third batch of NLS and was taught by renowned scholars like late Dr Madhava Menon and MPP Pillai. He also grabbed his LLM at NYU. Legend
Becoming a young partner at Amarchand is a dream come true for many. This guy is and will be a legend
is it a dream to be a glorified slave of the Amarchand's ? very clat coaching language
You canโ€™t blame us. Itโ€™s not the coaching that has been feeding us this dream , the society as well takes full responsibility.
Wadia makes everyone partner at that age. Nothing great. Neither is it a top law firm. Pay is not even close to tier 1s. An SA in tier 1 earns way more than these young partners at wadia.
Banking and Finance pay is as good as any tier 1 especially for Partners and Senior Partners
han vai he didn't mention each practice area specifically, everyone except GB and his close guys are in penury
Wasnโ€™t the discussion about the partner who got to their position based on pure merits and not chance and connections ?

Also, donโ€™t think he deserves it !
Seconded.

His core transactional experience is far less than the experience of any hardworking SA from CAM/AZB/Kco.

While he may come across as an affable chap, he doesnโ€™t deserve to call himself a partner of any firm in the capital markets practice.
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Srinath Dasari from AZB Bangalore. He made partner at 28.
Arun Kumar made it to partnership at Dua by 27 as well. He is Presently a designated senior advocate at karnataka hc.
All from the Don Corleone family. So also with other legal mafia families.
A 28-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.