Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
I am in one year in my law firm job as part of Corporate team , the hours are just not possible for me now due to health complications. I need my Sunday break to wind up. This constantly thinking about work isn't something that I am cut out for. What are some decent Inhouse corporate jobs or companies that would offer me a break during weekends atleast, like I would kill for the hours that Engineers get in the same company . Is this something that is possible or govt exams are the only option for me ?
Hi OP, this is very possible. I have worked at a tier 1, and in-house at an MNC, small start-up, and a growth stage company. The hours in-house are definitely better, but what stands out as huge relief is the lack of artificial deadlines 24*7. What you need to be careful of, is to not join an in-house role where you’re reporting to an ex-tier 1 firm partner. In most cases they bring the law firm culture with them (but again, not nearly as bad because the rest of the company is unlikely to propagate that kind of culture). To get interviews, you need to start reaching out to people on LinkedIn in addition to the traditional route through recruiters. They will gauge your commercial accumen - meaning are you the type of lawyer who will just state the risks, or will you work with the business team to evaluate the degree or risk and help them assess which issues are ok to let go of and the ones worth pushing back for. Remember that the role is to facilitate business and that as an in-house lawyer you are a cost center. You bring value by enabling business while balancing legal risks. Read up on commercial terms, licensing, reselling, the difference between a software license and SaaS model (these are inevitable at any company these days), basic labour laws, privacy policy, etc. This is very doable, you just need to be patient in finding the right place and role.
A 4-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.