Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
Hello, I understand a disputes team handles every work which comes their way, including commercial litigation, arbitration, NCLT, SAT matters etc.

1. What I want to know is that do they have departments/ teams in their disputes team which handle niche areas such as international arbitration, securities litigation, tax etc. or are the associates expected to know everything?

2. I am interested in securities law, would like to know the subjects (other than securities law) which I need to understand in order to be in disputes team while building my niche in securities. Thank you.
Join a T1, understand basics of litigation, shift to chambers and then go independent
Why join a Chambers after working at a T1? The pay isn't likely to be comparable.
Yeah but quality of work would be better. You get to directly interact with clients too, at a lot of chambers, and that prepares you for your own clients too.
If you want a life buddy you have to leave the Tier1 and you need to join somewhere so chamber is next best option....unless you want to rot away forever in a sick Tier 1