Read 27 comments as:
Filter By
Apart from freelance coding and literally becoming Steve jobs (sorry too far) , any way to be in the tech field? Can a lawyer channelise skills in the tech field? Mba in tech seems like an option but that’s only for engineers. I am from nujs btw. So don’t think I feel there is less scope or anything. It’s just I have always wanted to explore this field.
You can. Look up Donnie Ashok on LinkedIn. An IDIA scholar who graduated from GNLU. He did the same.
Check out the Master’ Union’s PGP Tech and Business Management (which is basically like MBA). I’m really interested in tech too so I found the programme amazing, they take non-engineers as well and teach you all the core skills such as Python, data science, working on SaaS etc. I wanna join straight after my graduation next year, the only roadblock is a good CAT percentile, and the fact that < 10% of their batch consists of freshers as they prefer workex.
Any other business schools where PGP in tech and management courses are offered to law grads?
SJMSOM, IIT Bombay probably. Not sure how much exposure to tech will be there though.
There are analytics focused courses at B schools which technically don't have a bar on admitting non-STEM folks per se, viz. IIM B PGP (Business Analytics), the PGP in Analytics offered jointly by IIT KGP, ISI Cal and IIM C, plus a couple of analytics focused MBA at other B Schools such as IIFT and MDI. Most of these require a decent CAT or similar aptitude test's percentile, plus it will be a pretty uphill task in itself to convince the interview panel why they should admit a lawyer to a tech-focused PGP. But if you've got the will and can demonstrate why, don't see why a lawyer won't make the cut for these
You are from nujs. Exactly that’s why we feel there is less scope
You wouldn't have asked, if you could.

Now Go and check 655 page draft for some misplaced comma.
I am sorry but if you at least have a basic IQ (which you don’t) , you would’ve realised that opportunities post law for tech is negligible. Maybe IP is a good option. Stop being so foolish
if u regularly wear nikkar then you can obtain a degree in entire technological sciences from DU!
Try MBA schools abroad. I mean even the bad ones will encourage you taking tech for diversification. The old IIMs also are slowly opening up avenues for non-stem undergrads breaking into tech for their MBA. So either have a good cat score or a good gmat score.
Maybe - why not? Infact if players who play cricket can join football , then why not this?