Read 6 comments as:
Filter By
Sudhir had taken charge in late 2019, so in little more than a year, his term as a VC will end at NLSIU. I believe that given all the positive changes that he has introduced, he should certainly be given another full term. Today NLU graduates with good qualifications who wish to join academia are increasingly heading to NLSIU, courtesy the regular recruitment that happens there. People are being hired to manage human resources, recruitment and research output. Some of the best teachers from other NLUs and private universities have come or are thinking of joining NLSIU. New courses catering to the industry demand are being launched, like the 3-Year LLB programme, while old ones like the MPP are being revamped. These things will continue and improve further if Sudhir stays on at the helm till 2029, thereby increasing NLSIU's lead over other comparable institutions in the country and taking it to the next level of international standards. The question is, what can we do to ensure that he gets a second term? Ordinarily it would have been a given, but there are plenty of people both within and outside NLSIU who oppose for him for their own chequered agendas. Doubtless they will try their level best to stymie any possibility of his tenure getting renewed. We should try to generate popular opinion in his favour to counter that, since it is likely that other good young academics will also get inspired by him to join administrative positions, which will break the current toxic coterie of old has-beens who keep playing musical chairs with the VC positions and will also be good for legal education in the country in general. I am opening this discussion, please feel free to chime in with suggestions. Haters can stay away or have threads of their own. This is bigger than Sudhir the individual or even NLSIU the institution. It is about the future of Indian legal education.
Talk to your friends. Talk to people who disagree with you , convince them, write a petition.
Haters will not stay away because they can’t stand excellence. Now certain nlus will come up here and badmouth.
Anther post propagating sudhirs propaganda. I can't wait for his term to be over, the man has done everything in his capacity to harm NLS.