Read 3 comments as:
Filter By
Dear LIites,

I have read multiple threads on this topic, but most seem to be inconclusive. There is obviously a disparity with respect to the College, the firm, the practice area, and the Partner (probably this matters to the extent of 80%), and I will be specific.

Recently (may not be the case, but based on trends I have mildly tinkered with) firms have been offering internships to 3rd Years, through contacts (from time immemorial) and even through the RPC. The notable ones (offering 16,00,000/- p.a.) are SAM, CAM, L&L, AZB & Partners, Khaitan and Co., Saraf and Partners, Induslaw, NDA, Trilegal (who don't seem to mind even 2nd years). (JSA apparently has a policy only to consider 4rth years, but also don't ever offer PPOs) I don't quite understand the policy at Talware Thakore & Associates or S&R Associates.

I herein request someone (kindly not a troll or too junior and incompetent to answer) to redress my query.

I am currently pursuing (not particularly ranked high) law in one the following (for the purposes of confidentiality) colleges- NLSIU, NALSAR, NUJS. I have internships scheduled in the third Year in two of the firms mentioned above. Which of these firms (or rather which of them expressly do not) regularly offer Call backs/ extensions/ PPOs (separately) to the third years/ upcoming (hate to use this word) fourth years. One thing I find quite conclusive across threads, is that firms do not offer PPOs to the fifth years usually, but that is not apropos here.

While this would suffice, I humbly request any guidance on how I must pursue the same in the course of my internships. As to how I received them, it was not through contacts.

Best Regards,

SGFL