Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
I know this might seem like a stupid question to some, but I genuinely do not know how. I am in my final year of a 3-year LLB. Our college doesn't have placements. The only way I can get a job at a good corporate firm is through networking, I've heard. How do I go about this? Especially in LinkedIn, do I just randomly message people working at firms?
I had the same question, how useful are these random LinkedIn messages?
How has moderator allowed this comment to be posted in the first place?
Texting people on Linkedin is not networking. For you, the best possible option might be to use your parent's acquaintances to help you land a job. Otherwise, I think it is really difficult to build connections in just a year, especially with people like law firm partners (who are the only ones who could help with the job). Also, always be ready to chirp, I have networked with people in weddings and even a funeral for that matter. A good chat goes a long way and you never know when you might need some "help" from that distant uncle to bypass HR policies and skew the recruitment interview in your favor.
Intern a lot and keep in touch with your managers at the place you interned. Keeping in touch doesnt mean you have to keep making small talk. Send them a greeting on festivals. If you see some update on any law that you worked on maybe drop in a text. Try to do more than one internship at the same place (a prospective place where you would prefer to work).
A 18-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.