Read 4 comments as:
Filter By
Hey

This post is for Partners only. How many of you still have panic attacks? Is it normal or is it a sign that one needs to move on from law? How many of you go for therapy and does it really help?

Obviously answers would be anonymous, but I would appreciate the insights.
It is definitely not normal. Please seek help from a medical professional before it gets worse.
move on guys,
let the principal associate become a partner, you have earned good enough now do rest, enjoy family time, and take only limited work but worth enough paying.
Partner here. Not sure about normal but I do get extremely anxious many times, though not a full blown panic attack. I have not been for therapy. I do low key wonder if I need to move on but I keep telling myself let's just see for one more year.

Did you know Messi would throw up on the pitch? This is a good article about how he coped https://ideas.ted.com/how-to-handle-anxiety-lionel-messi/

Our profession tends to be full of pressure and at partner level it is really difficult to switch off completely even for a couple of days but you definitely need to prioritize self care and work out ways in which you can manage to clam yourself down. A good therapist would be a step towards that goal. I hope you find more helpful advice here. Good luck.