Read 13 comments as:
Filter By
Hi, I am planning to practice maritime law after graduation. Can anyone please share things to keep in mind and which firms are mostly likely to hire (PPO) students from non-nlu not-much-heard-of-colleges?

I have done two internships in maritime firms (not in Mumbai) and have a few publications in the area of law.

Also can anyone please share how much the firm's like Bose and Mitra, Renata, Ganesh and co etc pay to freshers?
Bose and Mitra Co does work in the area, however I am not sure about their PPO policy.
Gautam Bhatikar's team at Phoenix Legal does Maritime. There are a few other firms in Mumbai like ZBA and Crawford Bayley have a decent maritime practice.
Thank you for the reply. Do you know about their recruitment process and also how much they pay (even an approx figure works)?
Don't know much about others but Phoenix pays 65k (this was for someone with 1 year PQE and the person was from a renowned college). Please keep in mind that this is far lesser than its pay for Corp Associates.
The maritime practice area as far as ppo and freshers are concerned in India is a little bit lean.

If you are really interested, look for firms and chambers in the port cities.

If money is not an issue, there are numerous llms and courses abroad which deal with this specific subject matter.

If scoring an internship is your goal, you can do the NLUO IMAM moot which generally gives an internship to its winners and best speaker.

If you want to better understand and learn,

You should check out Chambers of George Rebello.
Thank you so much for the reply. If you are familiar with the recruitment process in maritime firms in Mumbai can you please guide me through it?