Read 22 comments as:
Filter By
I was alloted nliu in the 3rd list, but since there is a general vacancy for gnlu, am thinking about applying for the same. Thoughts?
Dude, GNLU has crossed NLIU and NLU Jodhpur long back. Except some old blog pages on CLAT preferences, nowadays everyone in the legal circle considers GNLU as one of the fastest growing NLUs, probably the most fastest. The T1 NLUs and their hierarchy at present is;-

NLS- NALSAR-NLUD-NUJS-GNLU-NLUJ.
The only true comment. Gnlu will prolly overtake nujs and even nalsar by 2028. So then the troika will be nls-nlud-gnlu!
Maybe I am missing out on something here, but isn't GNLU faculty known to be okay, but nothing bad? Especially in context of this thread, because NLIU has only a handful of decent faculty
People who still talk about hierarchy in law schools haven't really grown up.
Students and retailers - follow this preference list. This is authentic
Wrong comment meant to mislead. GNLU is improving but NLUJ has historically had better achievements, whether it's placements/vac schemes or scholarships or mooting. Even with the new domicile quota, NLUJ will have a smaller batch size of 120 and should ideally be preferred over GNLU.

Oh, and no, NALSAR is not better than NLUD. The place barely has any decent faculty left and survives purely on its brand than actual improvements. And now they seem more committed their management programs than law.

So the real ranking is - NLS>NLUD>NALSAR>NUJS>NLUJ>GNLU>NLIU
Would certainly not pick it over nluj given its huge batch size, but certainly over nliu
Out of 137 lot that sat for placements. 135 of them got placed. Day Zero and PPO alone has given 76 PPOs. The batch size is irrelevant if almost everyone is getting placed.
Can you please provide the link to the placement report that explains this data? Would like to learn.
These are offers and not acceptances, hence the inflation. Multiple law firms make offers to the same individual, those should be counted as one job and many. And how is this 'official'? It's a report by a third party. Everyone knows how unreliable reporting gets. If GNLU is willing to disclose the stats to a reporter, why not release an official placement report clarifying all these? I know for a fact that these numbers as claimed in the report aren't adding up if those are meant to be separate jobs.