Read 8 comments as:
Filter By
NLUO has apparently broken records in tier 2 nlus with almost 80 placements in their outgoing batch of 23' placing almost all the recruiting class. The campus however apparently has a mental health crisis, the students are distraught. What is happening and are better placements not helping? I hope I get responses from students of nluo
As an NLUO student, allow me to give as neutral an answer as possible

Placements have been very good this year. However, a lot of it has been for consulting firms like quislex. That has statpadded our recruitment numbers. Still, the numbers for tier-1 and tier-2 recruitments are record breaking.

When it comes to mental health, the problem is from both sides; students try to find any possible reason to not give exams, submit projects late, etc. For example, due to hot weather in Odisha, students started spamming mails just a week before end sems about how it would not be possible to give exams in such conditions, and were asking for making the exams optional or cancelling them altogether.

On the other hand, the administration has become extremely high-handed and has started taking absolutely arbitrary decisions concerning the students without consulting the students at all. For example, they have started 3 new courses without giving a thought about having enough space in the hostels or the mess. Due to this, they are forcing locals to not take hostel rooms. (Before anyone here starts moaning about how this same thing is there in NLUD, allow me to remind you that we don't live in the middle of Dwarka with great metro connectivity. We live in the outskirts of a tier 3 city and the surrounding areas do see a lot of crime).

These are just individual examples (from both sides). Both students and the administration need to get their acts together before this college loses its current record breaking charm (at in tier 2 terms)
2023 batch was exception due to hiring spree of firms. Random people, who knew shit about law were placed.

You will see real numbers in 24 batch.
Was the spree only for Odisha? Rml, rgnul and hnlu are not even close to 60
NLUO is slightly better than these colleges. And I don't think any deserving candidate wouldn't have received the offer in these colleges as well.