Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
Hi folks - for this year’s clat I am getting NUALS Kochi. Now I have already decided to rescind the offer from sls Pune as I don’t want to go there (since the difference is negligible) , but I have decided to retake clat. Now clat is an unpredictable game with the pattern getting difficult day by day. So I am not keeping my hopes up and I am prepared to continue in NUALS Kochi if I don’t make it this early December or late November in clat.

Now coming to the questions:-

1. How the placement cell? Is there a day zero or PPO culture

2. Where does NUALS stand in terms of tier-2 list? I know it’s better or infact much better than mnlu Nagpur , CNLU , HPNLU , nlu Sonipat , NUSRL.

3. Has anyone ever received TCs from this college?

4. How’s the foreign llm culture?

5. Is the campus liberal?
I believe NUALS also had a candidate worthy of Rhodes in 2022, but lost out to a student from NUJS, on the fact that they were from NUJS. But even otherwise, the student cleared OxBridge with a full ride.
It's amazing how people with zero qualification or knowledge will comment or judge here! Were you part of the evaluation committee to be able to opine that the NUJS student got through because of the university and not her own profile? Such losers!
Hi, answering to the questions here one by one.

1. The Placement scene is up and coming, but that is not to say that if you work hard enough, you have a good chance of securing a PPO in your fourth or fifth year. Even if you don't secure a PPO, the placement cell organizes the Day Zero, for which a few Tier 1 firms, Inhouse roles and Litigation roles are hired. Recruiters include ICICI Bank, Vedanta, JSA, Trilegal, Wadia Ghandy to name a few. Though not many, there are quite a few number of alumni who are working at Tier 1 firms as Partners, PAs, SAs etc. The main factor for this can be attributed to this is that the batch strength of NUALS is approximately 60-70 students. From this, a majority of students opt to pursue litigation.

So to answer your question, if you find your niche in college, do decent internships in that niche, put in the work, and yes, you'll get a job at the end of your course.

2. NUALS stands in somewhere in the Tier 2 NLU status, that is what I believe. If the parameters for determining the Tier where an NLU stands is placements, then yes it stands in Tier 2. You can refer Point 1 to why I said Tier 2. If it is academic wise, yes NUALS does have it's fair share of good faculty and some not great faculties. But at the end of the day, the share of good faculty does overpower the latter. In terms of securing Rhodes or other scholarships, NUALS does boast it does have a good capacity in grooming students to prepare for applying for higher studies. Check LinkedIn about the alumni, who have secured scholarships for higher studies. NUALS would actually be considered a good University if the PR is as hardworking as other NLUs.

3. No, as far as my knowledge, no one have received a TC from NUALS. But that is not to say that there are not talented and hardworking individuals from this University. The upcoming batches have a plethora of students who are more than capable of securing a TC. Who is to say, even you'll secure one :)

4. Really really good foreign LLM culture. Multiple students have secured LLM in OxBridge, Russell Group, Ivy League schools. Further, others have gone and done MBAs in really great schools across the world.

5. Being situated in Kerala, the moment you step out of the campus, its a conservative society, but the campus as a whole is very liberal, the hostels are great, the food could be better, but it wouldn't be hostel food if its bad on somedays. The campus is liberal, I would say.
That’s a dope advice. Can I request them to accept my vacancy request? For general seats? I was bedridden to actually fill the vacant seat form