Read 2 comments as:
Filter By
A curious question to working lawyers, how did you decide which practice area you want to pursue? How does one find an area for themselves, more specifically, how to approve or cancel out an area? What could be the factors to consider?
This is a very good question. For starters, don't put pressure to pick a field so early on, it will happen eventually. Be open to trying new fields of law and be bold to take up risks of changing firms and teams in the beginning of your career. Most kids get into one kind of practice area after graduation and then just stick to it, even if they are not good at it because of a drug called - salary. So never get used to that salary, maintain a simple lifestyle, save money, so that when it comes to listening to your calling which may require a pay cut your finances are alright.

Personally I have switched from litigation to corporate, and all this required something called as "self awareness". I am super happy, and I have much better perspective and wholesome knowledge than even SAs who are my age. The corporate law firm doesn't let you see the world around, you have to explore on your own, fearlessly.