Read 40 comments as:
Filter By
The first generation of NLSIU graduates (now in their 50s) all have children of college-going age and older. Where are they studying law? I know of one person whose son went to Jindal and another whose son went abroad. I'm curious if this is part of a larger trend?
Most go abroad. Usually once one generation has gone to top universities in India, the next generation moves abroad thanks to our colonial mentality+inferiority complex and the stagnancy and politics of Indian institutions.
Colonial mentality, eh? Tell me one research institute in India which does even 1% of the research at MIT and Stanford. And you yourself say that Indian education is politicised. Look at NLUs: half the seats are reserved on the basis of caste.
Oh cut the crap on how much better the Western institutions are. I already know that. Indians are very good at working like donkeys when a white guy is in charge but the same Indian in India will usually have a poor work ethic and be sleazy. That’s a colonial mentality. And exactly how are Indian institutions supposed to improve with the high amount of brain drain?
Tell me one research institute that has 0.1% of the budget of MIT and Stanford. The Shroffs give money to Oxford. If that's not colonial mentality, what is. American rich people donate to universities in their own country. At least our reservations are trying to compensate for historic discrimination. American diversity quotas were introduced because Jewish and then Asian people were doing so well in exams that they wanted to restrict their numbers Singapore-style and preserve their freedom to take in undeserving white kids. Look up the number of legacy admissions at Harvard.
Lmao no way. The theory is like - β€œI have studied in the best law college in India during my time , now it’s time for my son/daughter to get IVY league education.” But well there are still powerful people like Assam cm’s son who go to NLS for his education. So not bad after all
Now someone somehow will try to bring nujs into this. This is what’s happening in LI for the past few days
Most go abroad, some go to Jindal, almost no one goes to an NLU. In other words, once NLU grads get rich, they mimic the lifestyles of the rich.
Yeah, NLS grads weren’t rich enough when they started, they mostly came from below poverty line, unlike other NLUs where folks were already stinking rich.
If NLSIU alumni send their kids abroad and to Jindal, then why is there so much hate against these colleges on LI? Why do LI commenters make critical remarks against people doing LLMs abroad? The answer is JEALOUSY.
Quoting from The Print on which colleges the rich and famous in India go to. Naturally, children of NLSIU alumni will head here too.

Ivy League institutions like Brown, Princeton, Columbia, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania and Yale make the list from the US, and University of Cambridge, London School of Economics, Imperial College London and King’s College London are among the institutes listed from the UK.

https://theprint.in/feature/indias-elite-schools-are-good-enough-for-the-rich-and-famous-but-our-colleges-arent/177439/
It’s a quote from The Print. You must have a very short attention span.
And you have a very bad reading skill. Show me where it’s is written KCL is hood
KCL

Has consistently declined - can’t agree more. Even Warwick is doing better nowadays
Akash and Anant Ambani: Brown

Karan Adani: Purdue

Ananya Birla: Oxford

Zia Mody's daughter and Navya Naveli: Fordham

Amit and Akhil Sibal: Cambridge

Rishabh Shroff: LSE

Lakshmi Mittal's daughter: SOAS

Sara Ali Khan: Columbia

Rehaan Vadra, Sara Tendulkar and Sana Ganguly: UCL
And now wait for it: Children of all the big ministers in the Modi govt! https://theprint.in/india/modi-govt-ministers-prefer-oxford-harvard-for-their-childrens-education-and-not-iit-iim/369180/

So then it's only natural that NLSIU alumni will send their kids abroad.
Understand this. You have studied in the most prestigious law college in India. Now it’s your time to enrol your children into the world’s most prestigious college be it Princeton or Dartmouth. You can form the equation.
I know someone whose daughter is in-fact heading towards Cambridge. The guy is in a top position in a tier-1 law firm. Graduated from NLS.
I know 2 senior NLSIU alumni whose children are headed to London. One is headed to LSE to study politics and one is headed to King’s to study geography. Their parents are hoping that they will head to the US after that to do a JD πŸ˜…
There was a link shared on LI with a list of colleges whose grads get the most Magic Circle TCs. There were no NLUs, but rather Oxbridge, LSE, KCL, UCL, Warwick, Durham, Edinburgh, Manchester etc. So why should someone send their child to an NLU if they can afford these colleges? Apart from overseas career prospects and superior faculty and infrastructure, you should also look at the social side. It’s so much nicer to live in the UK than in India.
Why are you manipulating that thread? Go check that one out. And also Manchester is one of the worst UK unis to be ever been in
Xi Jinping's daughter: Harvard

Bilawal Bhutto: Oxford

Saif Gaddafi: LSE (plagiarised PhD)

Asma Assad: KCL

All the world's dictator oligarch families go abroad to study, so NLU alumni might as well do the same for their kids.
Most of NLSIU alumni I know, their kids study law at Jindal or abroad, mostly UK.
I'm from NLS. Sometimes I hear my juniors say they're related to so and so
My experience is that NLSIU alumni encourage their children to studying study science instead of law. I know someone whose daughter has got admission to UCL, Guys (KCL) and Barts (QMUL) for medicine, which are all excellent.
Can confirm at least 2 children of NLSIU alumni went to Jindal. Anti-Jindal trolls on LI can cry πŸ™‚
A 7-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 5-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 15-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.