Read 24 comments as:
Filter By
Hi, I'm in 2025 batch and I have secured internships at the corporate teams of delhi office of both firms, which one is more likely to give a PPO?
Indus, Delhi is very very very selective (and toxic) since it is the whims and fancies of the partner who has a say on call-backs and subsequently PPOs. Further, Luthra is on a hiring freeze since 4 months (is what I have heard from an insider) so you can call the shots in this case. Since both of these firms are really dicey as far as certainty with regards to PPOs are concerned, it is better to target Trilegal and Khaitan where hiring is currently active. Thanks and good luck!
Or Indus Gurgaon? How is the PPO selection there, do individual partners have a say?
Haven't heard any deal announcement from the Mumbai office except AN's Banking & Finance team until recently. Top quality corp work is getting done only at the Bangalore office and a simple linkedin search will answer the same question. Avoid Delhi for obvious reasons as pointed above. Best of luck!
Just go with your instincts and a while heart to learn. Any would be good as starting point. Focus on the positive.
IndusLaw Delhi is very toxic & one can parallel it with AZB, Mumbai as far as working hours, client expectations and deal making is concerned. Avoid it and choose anything else.
Guys, how is Indus Mumbai? Work environment etc? Does it depend solely on the reporting partner?
People commenting here are idiots, choose whichever one pays well. Experience at any of these will provide you with ample opportunities for a lucrative switch.
How do you post on legally india? I can reply to comments but I am unable to create a new thread. I wanted to cover something related to this topic itself. Can someone please help? The "Start a new conversation" option is not working (showing error)
Hi, thanks for reporting, the link from the homepage was broken, this has now been fixed.
The Indus PPO scene is very bad. I will give two examples. My friend interned there, got a callback, and in the end, they told her, we are doing campus placement, so if we don't get anyone, we will consider you. However, she wasn't called by the team. I interned there with a very small team, and they also said that they were not hiring anyone, even when I was given a callback.

The firm is nice, and hopefully, you have a different experience than us.
How is Indus Hyderabad the banking and projects team how is the work culture and pay
Indus, Hyderabad is involved in just advisory work and Indus, Delhi has teams which mostly do not take freshers - barring Capital Markets where the attrition is quite high due to the very well known toxic partners. Indus, Bombay has a growing Banking & Finance practice so trying that out should probably work for you. Overall, Indus is a very rapidly growing law firm which is soon going to be considered Tier 1 across a lot of practice areas but do tread with caution and care as far as certain teams are concerned. Thanks.
I have the same query, which office of induslaw gives out PPO in the corp team? Delhi, bombay or bangalore?