Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
Hi.

I will be joining a tier 1 law firm as an A0.

Was wondering if there is anything (financially) to keep in mind before joining the firm. Honestly, I don't really know much about all this and was wondering if someone experienced can shed light on this. It would be great if someone can also explain how the taxes work exactly and what all deductions will be made+ if there is any investment scheme i should look into.

Really looking forward to what you brilliant minds have to say.
Hey, I'm pretty much in the same boat.

Did a bit of reading to understand taxation for professionals. But I still have to chalk out a proper tax to leverage all available deductions.

Would appreciate insights from someone on a retainer who's already filed returns.

Cheers and thanks.
Please sit with an experienced Mutual Fund Portfolio Manager. Have an honest discussion about your current salary, your monthly expenses (if youre the sole breadwinner in a family of 4, then 75K for sure would be exhausted in a city like Mumbai) short term and long term Goals, (wedding, new home, paying off any existing debt, car, international vacations).

Your manager will be able to tell you more about Monthly SIP, Retail Investing in stock markets, Tax saving Investment Oppurtunities (ELSS), and general portfolio management.