Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
I am thinking of applying for a LLM in Canada (among others) since they have good universities and their immigration laws seem to be comparatively less stringent. How easy/difficult is it to get an admission in good LLM program in Canada. I have heard that University of British Columbia, Toronto, Osgoode Law School are really good. I am a tier-1 NLU graduate, mid-ranker, no significant publications, Judicial Clerk at an HC. Wanted to know my chances of admission and securing a scholarship. Thanks.
Llm in Canada is easy, compared to top us or uk schools.

Canadian law schools will take anyone who has more than 60% marks and can spin a good story in the admission essay.

Scholarship is a bit tougher, the schools are in it for the money, international students pay quite a bit more than Canadians. Just say that you want to use the experience gleaned to come and teach in India. Also, try to highlight any major achievements that you have in your career which can be linked to academic excellence. Or a cocurricular which can linked with your ultimate career goal - teaching.
So what's the scene with employment in Canada. Is it then easier than UK and US?
as long as you do the mandatory canadian law modules you can appear for their bar exam

many schools have those modules in LLM, effectively making them like a QLD

however, speak to the admissions tutor of the law school and ask them specifically if you will be eligible to sit for the bar exam

it is easier to get jobs than in the UK

if you are willing to do low level work there are plenty of opportunities as a solicitor in canada
Why is the moderation so slow??? Because of this some really good topics get burried and don't get adequate responses.