Read 27 comments as:
Filter By
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2023/06/22/white-house-releases-state-dinner-guest-list-2/

I can't spot anyone, can you? They have invited many random tech people from companies that are still pretty new and not so famous. They have also invited M Night Shyamalan, who is a terrible director with just two half-decent movies to his credit, both made over 20 years ago. So if the standard is this low then they could have easily invited Menaka Guruswamy and Arundhati Katju, especially as the US liberal media and some Democratic politicians have spoken about human rights in India. Or people like Vikram Raghavan from the World Bank, or Sudhir Krishnaswamy. In fact, no lawyer at all have been invited and none of the other TIME 100 legal honourees, like Karuna Nandy and Vrinda Grover. Not even KKV or Harish Salve or Venkatramani or Tushar Mehta got an invite!

Very sad to see random tech bros being preferred over our legal luminaries. Even Nikhil Kamath got an invite. His only claim to fame is cheating in chess to beat Vishwanathan Anand and now dating 10 years younger Manushi Chillar after divorcing his wife. He also had a โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ.
Director with 2 hit movies >>>>> The best Indian NLU lawyer, thats how the world perceives it
There's not a single NLU grad in the current Chilean cabinet. What a sad state of affairs, truly!
Yes. Various IIT and IIM alumni invited, no one from NLSIU. โ˜น๏ธ
Night still has flashes of genius. The Sixth Sense, Signs, and Unbreakable are classics. And Split was a return to form in 2016.
Lmao, get out of your bubble dude. Lawyers would never get the same amount of respect or recognition as people from tech and people who actually run successful companies and have an impact. This is understandable since lawyers are essentially paper pushers.

I won't even bother to waste my time and explain things further. Your statement regarding Nikhil Kamath clearly shows you are simply out of touch with reality.
I mean if you're cheating against a grandmaster(not just any grandmaster, vishy) in a charity event and you're only apologetic after you've been caught, does speak to the character of Nikhil Kamath.
The White House should've invited CLAT toppers from 2019 to 2024 - the top two from each batch. How on earth did they miss out on inviting the CLAT toppers? Not acceptable at all!
They get enough respect here in India. At least more than you ever will. So no thanks
Awww someoneโ€™s salty. Itโ€™s okay. We also ranked below 500 in clat and got a tier-2 college. Not everyone is a top ranked
The only lawyer who had a decent chance of being invited was Paridhi Shroff Adani, via her husband, who would have been the main invitee. But as US liberals made the list they left out Adani and invited Mukesh bhai instead. Mukesh bhai has good ties with both liberals and conservatives, unlike Gautam bhai.
More than 40% of the members in US cabinet are lawyers including the president and vice president. They form leaderships in majority of think tanks and political groups even. The NLU alum has to act like one. While we have a fairly competitive exam to screen lawyers , we need to get more students who critically understand the law rather than memorise it.
Not a single NLU Alumni is living in the apartment I share with my flatmates, the world is slowly turning into hell..., very sad ;(
someone from GLC Mumbai or CLC delhi should have been invited, NLUs alumni are still in diapers comparing to legends of GLC and CLC
A 11-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.