Read 15 comments as:
Filter By
I've been lurking here for a day and ig most of the participants here are nlu + tier 1 associates, do the firms you're in actually employ non nlu grads or is that just wishful thinking?
Non-NLU grads are not a homogeneous group. Graduates from Symbiosis, Christ, ILS Pune, KIIT, Jindal do get recruited by even tier one firms that I know of. I have even known some graduates from Amity (Noida), Nirma and NMIMS to be working in such firms, although many of them probably make it on their own resources including but not limited to contacts, rather than because of their university reputation or during Day Zero. At the same time, there are hundreds of law colleges in India where the states of education and recruitment are both very shabby indeed.
Bhai jaake LinkedIn dekhle, sab firms mei kaun kaam karta hai. Sab pata chal jaega
Just want to tell people who are downvoting people criticising non-nlu placements , we are not against you. Just showing you the mirror
Campus placement: only tier 1 and a few top private colleges

But if you look at partner promotions in 2022 or 23, it will be 50% NLU and 50% everyone else (averages out there, I checked)

This is because many successful lawyers in tier 1 law firms come through lateral hires from smaller law firms

50% of NLU campus recruited folks will leave in less than 12 months, more before 2 years are over

Law firms will then raid smaller law firms looking for experienced people

Those people make partner as often as the privileged top NLU kids

Its just a different route

Also plenty of non NLU people make it by doing long term internships, something that NLU grads don’t want to tell you
Thank you so much!

I hope the moderators bump this so more students can see this!
SLS, Pune alumni (who have made partner) have so much bias for SLSP kids as far as PPOs are concerned which is a testament of their 2023 placements which have been great. It honestly feels like a cult. JGLS - no clue.