Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
Hi guys I am currently pursuing Bsc (1st year) in economics at Symbiosis. The only thing that’s nice is faculty. The placement is a big negative. Infra is still decent but my peers are honestly not motivated at all. You will not get any ‘good student’ vibe from us. Plus I tried all the other economics courses at DU , didn’t get to the good ones. Bsc in itself is a dying course and plus I am spending money on symbiosis where this course is not even flagship (unlike law/MBA). Everyone got into SSE. I am really frustrated. I sat for several law entrances , got into sls Nagpur at max. Long story short I am retaking clat again. It’s in late November so it’s not very far. But the problem is I am not very smart when it comes to competitive examinations. So any tips how to go about the Maths section and the GK section especially after the pattern change? I know this isn’t exactly a clat forum but I guess considering my situation , some tips can be of great help. Thank you. If anyone else if preparing for this exam , then kindly drop your anonymous mail here
You don’t have to be flustered regarding this pattern change. Everyone will face the same number of questions. I will even suggest you to go forward and start practising the old pattern. It will give you a clear edge in assessing your weak areas. My cousin was exactly in the same boat as you were. I advised her to go for clat and she is quite happy at GNLU now. Make sure you purchase quality mocks and revise gk daily. Newspaper is a must. Reducing the number of questions from 150 to 120 makes the pattern accuracy based , so focus on your reading abilities instead of skimming through important areas of comprehension. The competition for the top 5 is increasing and now Maths has become a priority especially for this November. All the best!
I guess you really didn’t have any option. People who got into nmims (any campus) just got into this course by just sitting for it. So choosing symbi for Bsc is a big mistake. For law it’s a different situation as the condition is actually good and getting ins even tougher. It’s a good thing that you have recognised your weak points and decided to sit for clat. But it really won’t make a difference in your preparation with the pattern change. Yes it’s more accuracy based now but I will suggest you to focus on sources like GK today , at least two compendiums and newspaper notes. Done and dusted. For maths , brush up your basics of percentage , average and TSD from R.S. Aggarwal and give sectionals. There’s not much time left to do everything from the basics. So I will suggest you to focus on the basics for maths more and maybe try solving mocks for the reading section. For legal , always read the theory even though the principle is given. If you make it into a Tier-1 , you will be in a much more secured area than you are now. All the best for 3rd of December!
At this point any top ten nlu will be better for you considering the course you are in. Plus symbi is not known for this course and even the placement culture for economics ug has weakened a lot. Try giving all the law entrances and just settle in for a decent law college with a stable future. Good to see you are at least trying