Read 15 comments as:
Filter By
I am 23,history graduate(2020) from Loreto College,Calcutta with a 58% in honours & 60%marks overall in graduation.Had I known about the lenience of other universities in awarding marks, wouldn't have taken admission in the said college.I prepared for WBCS Exe for 2 years but the result are not published because of the deplorable condition of the state.Currently, I am preparing for banking exam, & thinking of law as a career(3 year llb degree).If I make it in 2024 NLSIU, I would be 27/ 28 by the time I graduate.Will it be a wise option for decent placements?Some genuine insights required.
Which WBSC exam has taken place but not got the results published yet?
Placement-wise, it's difficult to judge as far as corp placements are concerned but take it from me, u won't be struggling for employment options after graduation. With a law degree, getting a govt job becomes easier owing to lower competition and a 3-year course from NLS will make sure that govt jobs become a cakewalk.

As far as placements are concerned, don't restrict yourself to corp placements only, there are other things like research institutes that pay a decent salary.

To answer your question, yes, an LLB degree from NLS would be beneficial for you. However, if you are looking for corp placements then that may just be a difficult task.

As a side note, a person from the MPP 2023 batch is a civil servant in West Bengal who had cracked the WBCS exe exam in 2020, if I am not wrong. His name is Sujoy [in case the moderator allows it]. you can reach out to him on LinkedIn as he would be in a better position to guide you than any of us on LI.
So happy that I chose to write CLAT instead of going for a BA/BSc Hons. in view of the corruption and scams in the state related to education in recent times.
Don't fret too much. My father took retirement as an airman (PBOR - non-officer) from IAF in 2017 at the age of 43 and then undertook a law degree while working at a private company. He started his practice in 2020 and is now doing very well. He is able to make on average as much as 1.5 lakh per month just from his practice. To many people here, it may not seem much but to my father who never would have earned this much in Air Force, it is a huge sum, and this is just the start, who knows where he will reach in another 10 years!
Please dont. Dont MBA- you have way brighter prospects. NLSIU tag is not going to be of help. This filed is full of challenges and you'll have to slog your ass everyday
It is very difficult to get NLSIU. You cannot just be sitting here and assuming stuff. First, give CLAT and secure a good rank, subsequently, you can think about what to do next. Till that, happens, all of this is a pipe dream.
She is talking about the NLSAT exam which is for the 3-year LLB course. It is not as difficult as CLAT tbh!
Getting 3 year LLB in NLSIU is very easy compared to LLB, it's just like LLM admission. There comes the problem - how would the placements be. 5 Year LLB has great placements, but LLM - rarely any big ones.

The question is whether 3 Year LLB be just another LLM like course while the legacy 5 years program continues to be the elite one. Even the current elite 5 year LLB in NLSIU lost its value because of increasing seats and caste reservations.
Of course, you'll have a decent opportunity.

You should also apply for DU 3Y LLB, it's a good programme.
Gave the nlsiu exam this year, couldn’t make it by a very narrow margin. So I wouldn’t say it’s exactly the toughest exam but it’s the low of seats for general category which makes it tough. Work your ass off and do your best you might make it.
Careful: any criticism of the WB govt, or oblique reference to corruption in jobs, triggers the TMC IT cell β€” oops, I mean β€œthink tank” β€” people here! πŸ™‚ One of the comments is already challenging your claim about non-publication of results! Anyway, my advice is as follows:

1. I would advise you to consider an MBA or PGDM, as the diversity of career options is greater. The fact that you studied history could indicate that maths is not your forte, but these days women get preference for admission in MBA courses. You can aim for IIM + SP Jain + IIT+ Jamnalal Bajaj + MICA + FMS + FORE. A few others too.

2. If you are unable to secure admission to the above colleges, only then consider NLSIU for a 3 year LLB.

Caveat: I am assuming you belong to the general quota. If not, then keep trying for government jobs. Something is guaranteed to work out.
My genuine advice is this: do the 2 year MSc forensics course at NUJS (advertised in page 2 of TOI Education Times today) and get a good grade. It has all the makings of a crap course, but it will be very easy to gain admission and then top coz I doubt if any bright students are likely to be interested in this course. Plus, you have the advantages of being at home. After you top the course, go to the US for a fully funded PhD/MSc in a STEM subject related to forensics. Then settle in the US. You can work in academia or a laboratory.

Trust me, this is a good plan for you.
Without having any background or qualification in the field, you just go ahead and dub all the students of a course as bad. Classic troll, without life and achievement of his own.