Read 4 comments as:
Filter By
I graduated 7 years ago from a tied 1 NLU. I consider myself dumb.

I worked in my first firm for around 3 years, with the second one for around 2 years, and for a very brief period with the third and fourth one. All small law firms.

I have this issue of not understanding things in the first reading. I take time. But I do deliver.

None of my previous employers were happy with me, except the first one. In fact, in the fourth one, I was asked to leave.

I struggle daily. I struggle to focus, read, comprehend, remember, and recall. My communication skills become zero in front of others. But when I talk to myself, I can talk okaish.

I am trying to look for jobs, not getting interview calls now. I know my shit. I know my cv. But I still end up blabbering before the interviewers.

I do have an offer from an in-house but I fear that they will kick me out soon. Will I live like this always? Will I always live in fear that I will become jobless?

Guys, please suggest me how do I overcome this. I don't want to remain unemployed and unproductive. I don't want to be a financial burden for my family. I want to work. I want to live a dignified life. I am willing to work hard, I do work hard but I am not sure where my "hard work" is going?
I think you should take the in-house job. If you're slow of understanding (firstly, it's amazing that you're honest to yourself about this), it might be better to do a low-stress or clerical job, which is what in-house basically is.
My advice: A government job is best for you. If you are a reserved category candidate, your chances skyrocket and you can try for a wide range of services and PSU jobs until the age of 35. Something is bound to click. If you are a general category candidate, you can enrol for an LLM-PhD somewhere and then apply to a lower-tier NLU or TLC.