Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
I have been researching this course for a while. Seems like a better value than an LLM.

LinkedIn shows all the alumni bagging lucrative jobs in MNCs and Law firms. Even, SBI lists IICA as Grade A - So collateral free and low-interest loans through SBI Scholar Scheme.

I wonder why the course has not picked up pace 4 years after its inception.

I personally intend to join this course after 2 years. Hopefully, we should get more information by then.
I talked to one GIP grad. He wasn't very happy about his decision to pursue GIP. The placements were close to none (as per him), maybe because of COVID. But the thing is, when you pay such a huge sum of money, and remain unemployed, that's a problem
Did the GIP graduate belong to NLIU Bhopal campus? Because I know placements have been an uphill battle for them.

Graduates from IICA campus on the other hand are all well placed with a minimum package of 10 Lpa.
That's a standard package for any NLU student. Why waste the additional money then?
Could also be because of the 13L cost attached to it whereas the benefit is just that the requirement of 10year+ practice is waived. From what I heard, the placements aren't that great also.
Not just the waiver of 10 year practice. It also opens doors to turnaround and restructuring and consulting work, which otherwise a law graduate simply can't get into.
Not to necrobump, but did you get more info about the course? I heard that to get into restructuring/turnaround with big4s or A&M, you'd have to be CA/CS background or have a few years of relevant experience....
Its because you can take the IBBI exam for much lesser cost and while you wont get to work as an insolvency professional, you can write the exam and clear it, and it gives you better placement than GIP by a mile if you want a job in fintech, or banking & finance