Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
It is common to see many students, alumni and even some profs at our top law schools are declaring their pronouns on their CVs, LinkedIn and official university pages and brochures. Most people seem to be straight and use he/him and she/her, but some people are non-binary and using he/they, she/they, they/them. zer/zey etc.

This is of course a great thing to see, but so far it is largely confined to a few elite schools with a tradition of progressivism and inclusiveness towards the LGBTQIA+ community. NLSIU and NALSAR lead the pack. I just wonder if the other law schools will catch up and make this standard protocol? For example, colleges like NLUJ, RMLNLU and CNLU are in states with a long history of patriarchy, conservative politics and homophobia/transphobia. Will there be resistance in those places? And what about non-NLUs? Also, even at NLSIU and NALSAR declaring pronouns is not compulsory, e.g. there is no rule saying that students have to mention it in their CVs or the profs have to mention it in their web pages. How far away are we from that?
Why do you want to make it compulsory? Let people choose whether they want to mention it or not.
Ohh please. We have better issues to deal with instead of pronouns.

This is such a first world problem.
A minority can never dictate the norm, let alone make things compulsory. What is this? Communism? Don’t force your practises down others throat. If you want to declare your pronouns, no one is stopping you.
pretty good indicator to bump out crazy people right at the beginning when you see pronouns in the cv
Actually, this is true. If an apparent male/female uses different pronouns in their CV, then I would respect that and welcome them. Others are just show-offs and can go take a running jump.
This would be compelled speech. I’m happy to use whatever pronouns for people who are touchy about this within reason ( I mean neo pronouns are crazy and I won’t talk like that). But to compel others to participate in all this is insanity. Most people are the gender that aligns with their sex. It’s unnecessary.

I’ll tell you what else - this sort of politics makes middle class college students feel great about how progressive they are. It does not do anything at all for actual trans people who are struggling because of how society treats them.
A 21-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.