Read 42 comments as:
Filter By
I took CLAT 2023 and got allotted RGNUL in the counselling. However, I feel I can get HNLU too in the spot counselling. I'm totally in for it but my family has all sorts of reservations about HNLU. So, my only question is- is there any difference between the two (in terms of placements, infra, faculty, alumni base etc) which makes one hold a significant advantage over the other?
Hnlu is way better than RGNLU in terms of every aspect whether it is placement, faculty, alumni, and infra is at par in both the nlus.
Don't let your family ruin your career. You will blame them anyway after 5 years if you remain unemployed.

Close your eyes and take HNLU

best of luck
please avoid hnlu. coming from an alumni. you will have no campus life. IMO NLUO much better than both. also keep in mind that hnlu vc has become very arbitrary and has banned the cult com . also see their placement reports this year. quite bad as compared to nluo.
"quite bad" lmao because you don't have any idea what's going on in HNLU, right? Haters going to hate

To the OP, please choose HNLU. Don't listen to these RGNUL haters who couldn't make it here
Haan, NLUO mein to bohot campus life hai.

Such a blatant NLUO troll, try to be more discreet next time.
Ooh from where u get the info that VC banned the cult com, they never ban the cult com the only thing they had done was not allowing too many cult events as previously happened and for ur consideration hnlu this year successfully able to place a minimum of 50% batch with all teir 1 placement except 3 or 4 and the placement u were talking of nluo there half of the placement are from teir3 firms and don't consider that I'm saying that nluo have no teir 1 placements they have but their half of placement were from teir 3 firms
I'd say HNLU>>RGNUL. No bias, I'm from non-nlu. Just feel that it's been doing better.
People will not shy from hyperbole and point to metrics that matter to them, as if it is the law school that actually makes you. I was in the same boat as you 8 years ago, and chose RGNUL. Don't regret it at all. Made some great friends, mooted quite a bit, explored adr comps, interned, and got a tier 1 ppo (which i will leave soon so that my brain doesn't turn to mush)

I have no doubts that HNLU is a great place. My reasons for choosing RGNUL were personal and not based on the metrics that other people pushed down my throat even then, just as they're doing now. I decided based on HNLU's remoteness, its stifling administration, its significant reservation, RGNUL's infrastructure (which is much better than almost every other nlu, including HNLU's which I have visited), and RGNUL's proximity to Delhi and the hills of Himachal and Uttarakhand (which I explored fully).

No matter what you choose, you won't go wrong as long as you keep doing things without being stagnant. All the best.
If the law school doesn't matter to you as a law student at all, then might as well do law from CLC Delhi at a fraction of the cost!
I would have chosen CLC had it provided a five-year integrated course and a picturesque residential campus that allowed me to mingle and network in a diverse group of people from all walks of life and all parts of India.

Also, I never said that the law school doesn't matter, but that it doesn't make you. A law school provides opportunities that you take up at your own initiative and learn. In that regard, I would choose RGNUL again if I had to do it over.
Did the same. Never regretted. RGNUL over HNLU any day. Also, I have been to HNLU. RGNUL has a much better and diverse crowd to hang out with (partly due to low state quota).
Raipur is remote and Patiala is not? The last I knew there was no proper airport at Patiala.
Patiala is little over an hour from Chandigarh, hardly remote. As a student, I relied on buses and trains rather than planes. RGNUL is also much closer to the city than HNLU.
Patiala is 70 km from Chandigarh. If we talk about the campus, it is 15 km away from the main city. Raipur is much better in terms of location. It has got an international airport as well as a railway station with seamless connectivity across the length and breadth of India. Patiala's connectivity is shitty as there is no way to travel to Patiala by a direct flight or train. You will have to take a bus from either Ambala or Chandigarh.
What prompts you to say so? It would be great if you go through the Wikipedia pages of both cities before delivering your verdict on which city is better. I am pretty sure that you know nothing about raipur as a city and HNLU as a college.
Patiala is a sleepy town and does not have anything apart from a few pubs like elevate(run by the husband of a faculty member), Omaxe Mall, 2-3 CCDs etc. It is foolish to compare it with Raipur which is a bustling city with all sorts of dining and entertainment options. It is easier to travel to Raipur as it has an Airport and a railway station which is well connected to major cities. Patiala peg aur salwar ka naam pehle se sunna hoga isliye tum keh rahe ho ki patiala better hai...what logic is this dude?

On top of that, Sidhuwal jaate jaate haalat kharab ho jaati hai bus station se😅😅

My advice to you would be to avoid rgnul at all costs
Raipur is a much better city than Patiala. It has more malls, 5 star hotels, cafes than Patiala. It even has an International Airport with good connectivity to almost all the major cities of the country. You could also watch matches at the cricket stadium of you are into cricket. Patiala as a city has got nothing to offer. It has got one mall and that too isn't great either. Treat it as another glorified town.. all thanks to the pop Punjabi songs.
Same. I was initially allotted HNLU but shifted to RGNUL for many reasons. Quite proud of the decision. Even the placement scene of my batch has been much better because of the admin allowing people to intern even during college months. I just hope the placement cell stops sleeping and releases an official document with the statistics.
This is exactly what I was looking for. How objectively and comprehensively this person has drawn a parallel between the two. This is how it should be. Instead of tearing down people from different nlus and mindlessly promoting one coz you're from it people should also think that sometimes there are personal choices like geography, distance etc to factor in. Hence, we can't navigate someone's choice just by presenting a mere black and white situation to them. Good luck to the OP. If you plan on higher education and not placement go for RGNUL, it's superb or RML if you're getting it.
Lol, wtf. No way, NLUD>NALSAR unless you want to piggy-back on old alumni legacy.
Go for HNLU. If you can, you might opt for NLUO. Don't go to RGNUL as you won't get placed there.
I know HNLU is probably better in terms of overall placements, but it's a myth that you won't get placed in RGNUL furthered by the fact that the admin doesn't really publicize it. There have been at least 20 placements from my batch at places like SAM, Trilegal, EY, and S&A (including mine).

Plus there are other placements for sure including my friend at Anagram Partners, which people don't know about because nobody asked. The admin in their wisdom doesn't even count Chamber placements like other colleges do.

Check the RGNUL Placement cell page on linkedin for the tier 1 and 2 placements
I am from the same batch, and we have 30 placements counting firms alone including at Trilegal, Khaitan, Indus, Link, and JSA apart from the ones you mentioned.
This is a blatant lie, the number of offers were not 30. 3 in SAM, 1 anagram, few in a big 4, PPOs from AZB/JSA/Khaitan/Trilegal. Even if we count the big 4, it not more than 20
Why do you have to speak when you have no clue? Ask the placement cell to come up with a report. The current form they have has 29 entries without even counting places other than firms
Ok but you have three times or four times more chance of making it to Tier 1 if you are from HNLU. So what's the misconception here
There's no doubt that HNLU has better placements and more connected alumni, but the beyond any comparisons between the two, the conception that RGNUL is unable to place anyone is objectively false
If you are sure that you can maintain a rank in the top 10 of the batch, you can go to either of them, otherwise HNLU