Read 73 comments as:
Filter By
โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ another person, also an NLU alumna, who shifted last year from NALSAR to NLSIU.
Even students are leaving their own nlus for nls. You canโ€™t really blame the faculty here can you?
Pranav contributed significantly to the development of the academic quality at Nalsar even though the duration was of 2 years.

NLS again wins and if this goes on then there will be a substantial difference between NLS and the other nlus. So jealous
Just imagine with this kind of a rock star performance people generally prefer TCs or teaching abroad. This guy is issuing his brain here. NLS will certainly benefit a lot
He's worked at a law firm for sometime after graduation and then did a foreign LLM. Good, but certainly not any 'rockstar performance'. He's yet to prove himself in academics, though seems promising so far. Stop with the hyperbole.
I meant in his college. See his achievements. Just see them. Anyone will lucky to have at least one of them
Winning a gold medal is a big thing dude. Thatโ€™s the ticket for Rhodes or TCs
No, man. It really isn't. There are 40 plus medals awarded every year. Only 1 Rhodes in 5 years or 3 TCs every year.
Then how come majority of gold medallists end up being a Rhodes scholar or an exam (like judiciary cat gmat) topper or earn a TC?
Like that , someone occasionally wins jessup as well , someone gets Rhodes as well. Not a good metric to judge upon
I am sorry but will all due respect you seem like a jealous ex of the particular person. Please correct me if I am wrong
This is all the critical thinking they teach nowadays? If you donโ€™t want to worship at someoneโ€™s altar you must be a spurned woman ? Good to see how feminist nalsar students are.
He didnโ€™t even bring the gender perspective in. Whatโ€™s your point?
+1 agree. The few senior women also are so insecure after years of fighting for space that they also only valorize men. Sanya Samtani is a rock star if you're looking for the young ones.
I actually can (not OP) but I still agree with all your points. I've always found women doing better in law school.
please dont make "rockstars" of early career professionals. chill maar. NALSAR does need to figure out its attrition problems. It has had attrition problems for years but the regime change has made it significantly worse.
Arey I was talking about him as a student not as a professor. As a professor he still needs to establish a lot. A hell lot.
Did Pranav have offers of TCs or offers to teach abroad ? Iโ€™d be very surprised if that was the case. Was coming back Pranavโ€™s choice or something he had to do because staying there was not an actual option ?
What happened to the pride and conscience of NALSAR, Sidharth Chauhan?
His star is on the decline with SKDR at the helm of affairs and no Dhanda.
So he was your friend as a student and then he taught you and you thought he was cool ? Is that it?

The best professor at nalsar for some time has been Sidharth chauhan.
Are you guys familiar with him? I see yโ€™all commenting like you were the jealous people in his batch and he didnโ€™t even seem to care. We nalsarites are not like this. We are proud of him
Sid hasn't been given his dues either at NLSIU or NALSAR. He should move to NLUD or NUJS now to not get his dues from there too.
Nujs doesnโ€™t even have decent foreign exposure. First improve upon that
Yet its students regularly get scholarships for higher studies abroad, get foreign firm jobs, teach abroad etc.
I have attended his classes, and he was a true gem. He was truly motivated to teach in his home law school. The present stupid work culture is to blame entirely for this.
NLDIU is benefitted with this kind of presence. Undoubtedly a definite improvement
Rahul Mohanty, a NALSAR alum, and BCL grad, also left last year for JGLS. NALSAR should introspect why it is unable to retain its bright younger faculties.
You guys are not stating the obvious: NLSIU has an alumni VC who promotes and encourages other NLU alumni. NALSAR needs a similar VC.
Another huge advantage that NLSIU has is a supportive EC. Can't stress the importance of it enough. They have recruited 5 times in the last 2.5 years, a feat unheard of in any law school in the country. That couldn't have happened without the EC cooperating.
The quality of a law school's faculty depends entirely on the VC. NLSIU and JGLS have dynamic VCs and thus very good faculty. Similarly, you can compare NUJS under MP Singh to NUJS under Ishwar Bhat and subsequent mediocre VCs.
Ha ha! What a pathetic defence of the NUJS admin! You know very well that those hired by MPS left after MPS left and Bhat/Talukdar/NKC took over. In Shamnad Basheer's case he was compelled to.
In what way was I defending NUJS? It's a known fact that most MP Singh hires left once he left. Hence, the fact that they didn't contribute much to the institution building. Maybe you should learn how to read first.
Prabhash left before Chinmayi or around the same time. Who would want to deal with Ishwara Bhat if they could leave. Shamnad was senior and was not so easy to bully. But as his health failed, even he did not have the energy to fight any more.
Those who did not have loyalty didn't stay for long in any other institution too. They keep fleeting from one place to another, so their movements cannot be considered as metric.
Especially with the metro now, Nagarbhavi is much better connected with proper Bangalore than it used to be for the first 25-30 years since NLSIU started.
I obviously have very little knowledge regarding the campus , but isnโ€™t NLS in Nagarbhavi? I went there for a competition and itโ€™s also quite far from the city if I am not wrong.
Aaye thatโ€™s why I mentioned I have very little knowledge about this. Our journey was certainly smooth , I ainโ€™t complaining about that.
It takes 20mins via metro to reach the heart of the city. Yeah, connectivity used to be a problem but now with the metro, it's not a problem!
You can reach Bangalore proper within an hour via metro from Nagarbhavi now.
A 4-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 50-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.