Read 30 comments as:
Filter By
If you take up the five year course now then you will be graduating at 28 whereas you batchmates will be graduating around the range of 24-25. You will be 3-4 years late. I say stick to the three year llb. Graduating at 26 is not a big deal compared to graduating at 28
The age of 28 is too much. I graduated after my 5 year BALLB course when I was 22, I am 23 now and have been working at a Tier-2 firm for 14 months now. I can't even imagine graduating at 28....
That’s why I mentioned. Similarly majority of candidates graduate around 24-25. This trend is even common at tier-3. But 28 is something where I will draw the line but que sera sera
If the guy ain’t have any options , I will still say 28 is worth it
Age isn’t a factor at recruitment. But I will still suggest you to stick to 3 year llb. Your batchmates will be 3 years younger than you and that’s the minimum difference, if you graduate at 26 after a 3 year llb then no problem
Hey, I’m in the 3 year program as well and I have a decent understanding of corporate, securities and tax laws as I’ve studied them thoroughly in cs and I interned as a cs for 4 months too. So would it be highly unlikely for me to face a tough time getting placed?
I will be at NLS next month, nice to know that me previous experience would help me further, thanks!
If you wish to do a 3-year LLB course from India right now, then DU is your best bet and value for money, followed by others like NLSIU.
You're not going to get Corp placements from NLSIU's 3 year programme either, if you're counting on that.
GLC might be a safe bet aswell, you can intern in Mumbai all year long, should be a tad bit easier to land a corp job with 3yr llb if you have work ex in the same firm.
GLC is certainly a good option, but I have missed that opportunity now. Will have to wait till the next year and I can't afford to take an year off just for the LLB. Thanks for helping out.
Yeah 26 ain’t that a big deal compared to graduates who will be 24-25 anyway. But he will be 26 when he will join the three year course as he mentioned.
Thank you so much for helping me out. Your comment really helped me to put everything in the right perspective! You're absolutely right fixating over lost opportunities won't help. I'll try to make the best out of the opportunities that I have. Thank you once again!
I had a 3 year gap. I am

Graduating at 25. Pretty happy with it. Depends on your average batch range and mine was 24. It was very smooth.
Ain’t that far from where the students would be. Exactly! It’s not a problem at all
It would be helpful if the actual people in the 3 year program could share their opinion instead of others.