Read 13 comments as:
Filter By
Any aditya birla scholars here who can share their essays or provide some tips on how to secure this scholarship?

It's immensely difficult to get ones hand on the essays, no one seems to be willing to share them for some reason. When essays for ivy league schools are available so easily on public forums but aditya birla scholarship essays are guarded like the Kohinoor for some reason.
Brush up on current affairs. Form complex opinions about them. What’s your preferred interest in the area of law? Read articles around that. Generally they ask you about your own self! Yes! You have to have a genuine word limit of 275 words. How your own journey can contribute to the legal field? Is your academic interest diverse? If yes , then how and why? Why are you pursuing your legal journey and how will you assess this journey when you graduate? If you have taken year gaps , do mention that and instead of marking them as signs of weakness , utilise them as a pursuit of perseverance. My essay was proof-read by my friend at JGLS and some of my seniors as well. So make sure you get your drafts checked repeatedly. Remember your essay can generate questions - both positive and negative.

However , once you get this scholarship , your CV will definitely take a boost and well the fees will substantially reduce. All the best!
I wonder why the moderator doesn’t mark these threads featured.
Are your suggesting that droppers have a lower chance of securing the scholarship?

What if there's a dropper who used to pursue enginnering but suddenly switched to law, will they have a even lower or difficult time getting the scholarship?

Also considering how we haven't even started law school yet, isn't it naive for literal 1st years to have answers to all these questions that you mentioned. Or is securing the scholarship a game of play pretend? The more pretentious you are, the higher your chances of getting it.
Eh no. No one in that entire process raised eyebrows because of my gap years and it is safe to assume that it won’t affect your chances as well. See you need to give a basic justification. Quite a lot of people make it with gap years. Why did you take drop(s)? Wanted a better college? Major Fuck-up in the exam hall due to nervousness? Stream change(your case) or major health issues? Just provide a basic justification. But here’s a pro tip - you can just neutrally mention them or you just play those gap years to your advantage in the essay or in the interview (if asked). I did the latter and honestly it worked pretty well! Don’t worry about these minor issues.

Coming to your second question , it is naive for the ABS authority to ask this but again you do have some skeletal blueprint right? I know this frnd of mine mentioned that he is clueless about his journey forward and started laughing awkwardly. Didn’t go pretty well. ABS is a big privileged in the sense that they demand you have certain information like basic long term career plans which ofc majority of aspirants won’t have a clue about. But you can read about various facets of law. If you mention - ‘corporate law’ , they won’t ask you to explain each and every nitty-gritty of M&A. Remember whatever you mention , it should connect with your personal journey which is about to come.
How realistic/grounded do your answers/goals need to be?

As in, what if someone mentions that their goal is to become the CJI/Law minister/ Prime minister.Are answers along these lines seen as frivolous?
I mean , just mention that you want to be an esteemed leader in the field of policy-making and that may include ministerial positions. You want to blend power and honesty to enhance productivity. Don’t go directly mentioning that you want to become ‘prime minister’ or ‘CJI’. It sounds childish. Your ambition will make your destiny , true. Don’t be too direct about the designation.
Good question but I think they don’t dude. I mean it’s illogical for someone to deny scholarships because of that. You gotta give a justification yeah , but this ain’t some big glaring issue. Infact one of my seniors made it with gap
I forgot to mention this. They are not guarded like Kohinoor xD. Actually the number of law grads receiving this scholarship has reduced substantially with increasing competition from IIMs/IITs. That’s why you will see majority of 1-20 top rankers in clat making the cut nowadays. But that doesn’t anyway suggest there’s no chance for you. I have seen good number of people from my college and nujs getting the scholarship. Best wishes once again!
Ask your seniors who had qualified for the interview stage. They will surely help u out!
Moderator mark this as featured please. Something like this can help a lot of incoming kids, the more the engagement with posts like these, the better it is.

These sort of discussions are what makes legally India what it is, instead of those rabid nirf discussion or whatever that armpit fetish post was.