Read 28 comments as:
Filter By
A shocking news has been launched by the conducting body of Clat 2024 - NLIU Bhopal. I urge the moderator to make this thread explicitly visible as legally India boasts of a huge number of aspirants and mentors combined.

So what exactly happened?

1. With the time of 2 hours remaining same , the pattern now consists of 120 questions instead of 150. This has been done to make the exam more student friendly and accessible. Now the main question that pops up? Will the sequences change? No , the syllabus comprising the sections remain absolutely same.

This made the clat exam more tough and challenging. Remember now the paper consists of 120 questions for everyone. Now a lot of more people will register for 1500 plus general seats. And the competition will shoot through the roof. The cut off will go higher and the percentage of accuracy will be incredibly high. Prep well.
Hold a QnA session , if y’all can. I am repeating for specific reasons. Will love to know the pattern change more.
As I mentioned for β€˜specific reasons’. And yes I am indeed planning to. Don’t want to turn this forum into a d**k measuring contest again by justifying how the top 3 differs from this college. So I will appreciate if someone (that goes for the OP as well) takes the initiative for the QnA. Thank you!
Why would you want to leave the last CLAT NLU that is truly national, to join some slightly older domicile quota NLUs where people with much lower ranks enter, apart from the top 50 or so with high CLAT ranks?
Nalsar domicile is not much lower. NLS domicile is not much lower. I can say that for Nujs the domicile is lower. But again Nujs’s placements are wayyyyy better than NLUJ.
Wait bro wait ! If they are reducing the number of questions but keeping the time unchanged, it means that the questions will take a longer time to complete. It does not in any way mean that competition will increase or the cutoff will go high! When they reduced it from 200 to 150, they made it passage based. Now when they are reducing it from 150 to 120, they will make sure that 99% of the aspirants struggle to complete the paper because competitive exams are supposed to be constrained by time!
Clat has been witnessing a steady increasing anyway. But the time constraint will always be there. Now people to even focus on Quants which they didn’t. The paper became more unpredictable with a mark distribution 😭
Imagine changing a pattern and making it more competitive months before the examination. And that too under the β€˜garb’ of inclusivity when in fact the paper became more competitive. That’s why it is shocking
Not sure how the pattern change will make the exam more competitive. Can you please explain?
Yeah, but CLAT has always pulled stunts like that, hence the shock value has worn out. The exam is also supposed to be aptitude-based (at least in principle), not the culmination of hundreds of hours of prep, so change with months to go is hardly going to affect the quality of those who crack it.
It is β€˜shocking’ because it is what it is. Try cracking the paper now , then you will realise why it’s shocking.
I teach people (for free) to crack it every year. Most of them do, too. Life is what it is. Those who keep cribbing about things beyond their control seldom succeeds in it.
Round up well freshers and droppers. You may think the paper got easy. But

A) It became more unpredictable

B) The high cut off demands brushing your Quant thoroughly :)
And even after this , we keep hearing that clat is easy. It’s unpredictable af. Now again we have no defined pattern. Stay focused guys. I feel bad for both the freshers and droppers. It didn’t make the exam accessible at all.
The exam is getting more and more unpredictable. I can surely put it on the list of top 6-7 difficult exams to crack in India. Every single year??? The pattern change 😭
More stress on English, please. The rest will be a crowd that will be more hip and has more girls.
A lot. A whole lot. And I am glad to have the community. Maybe we can exchange anonymous emails?
Quite a good lot of ppl. Let’s prep together if everyone agrees