Read 37 comments as:
Filter By
A1 at a T1 - 149k is inhand salary

35k (Mutual Funds)

25k rent (one room in a 3BHK: 20 minutes from work)

10k (divided between 3 for cook + maid)

5k ( groceries)

3k (travel)

(3-4k spends on weekends depending on place, drinks etc.)
5k for groceries? Don't kids nowadays eat anything? Maal fuk ke so jaate ho kya beta? Grains plus veggies + dairy/meat all will cost you easy 10-15k, unless ofc your cook comes included with food lol. Alag nasha hai sahi mei
I live and work in a metro city, where the expenditure of me and my parents comes to around 21k per month (excluding the home EMI). So, 5-7k for groceries is quite reasonable. Of course, if you shop at high end places, eat organic food etc., then it will be more expensive. It's about a humble and non ostentatious lifestyle.
Bump. At my firm, A2s get 1.5 lakhs in hand. Which firm is paying 1.5 lakhs to an A1?
I make about 85K as an A1. I live with my husband in a separate 2BHK apartment (own).

Here are our combined expenses

7k groceries

4k CNG/commute and Car Insurance

2.5k health insurance

2k electricity + call/data charges

1k gas

10k House Help (2 meals a day + sweeping & moping the floor)

7k House Maintenance

40k - 50k - Investments (25k SIP, Sovereign Gold bonds, Gold Coins, Silver, Shares - depending upon market conditions)

20k (savings for Vacations and weekend getaways)

2k miscellaneous expenses

10k Emergency fund

15k for parents

5k for religious activities
Thank you for sharing. Really good perspective. God bless you and the cutie hubby !
This is really good thank you! By the way, did you do law later? I am 23, will be 24 in 2-3 months, I am an A1 in DSK (in delhi though), I think budgeting in NCR is much easier.
The cost of living is much higher in Mumbai. My husband and I are fortunate enough to have a second house so that we don't have to rent another premises.
I am an lawyer turned businessman, my wife is an A3 at a tier 2 and also freelances. We live in a 4BHK apartment with my parents, my younger brother and grand parents. My mom is a home maker, my dad goes to his store to keep himself busy. My grand parents have retired for about 20 years, they devote their time to social and religious activities, my brother is a CA and does well for himself.

Here is a snapshot of our expenses

10k groceries

12k maid for meals and dusting

3k electricity (Our apartment is well ventilated and has balconies on all sides hence the consumption of electricity for fans and light is minimal)

6k CNG and maintenance

15k health insurance

10k for shopping

10k for meeting exigencies

3k for weekends and dining

20k for annual vacation and short trips

We are debt free. We live a simplistic life with comfort.

My savings are roughly 70k a month to 120k depending on how much profit the business has generated. We are planning to start a family and know that the expenses will shoot through the roof.

My wife is also currently saving up about 30k/35k a month to fund her working capital requirements when she starts her own firm either a sole proprietor or partners up with someone
A1 at a Tier 2 - make about 75k a month post taxes (Also includes some income from trading). I live with my family so there are no house rents to be paid.

Little info - I have been brought up in a middle class family with a very modern outlook. My parents have sacrificed a lot to make sure my brother and I have quality education and become respected members of the society. All through these years we have never been on international trips or owned a 4 wheeler. Now, its my turn to give them a more than comfortable life.

20k towards household expenses. I hand it over to my mom. She spends/saves it the way she deems fit and proper, No questions asked.

15k towards long term SIP

1500 for health insurance

4k for my personal expenses which also includes shopping.

25k a year towards charity.

I am a teetotaler and live a pretty decent minimalistic life. The rest of the money is saved or invested in some or the other funds. My boyfriend and I are tying the knot this December, so a chunk of the savings is going to be spent there.

I plan to buy a second hand car within the range of 2 - 2.5l by next year.
I am an A0 at a T-2 Firm in Bombay, make around 70K (in hand)

- rent 15,000 [2BHK shared by 4]

- electricity 4,000

- maid 3,000 [breakfast and dinner]

- grocery and wi-fi 3,000

- personal phone bill and stationary 1,000

- emi 10,000

- lunch dabba - 4,000

- personal enjoyment, club, drinks 5,000

25,000 (savings)
A 14-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.