Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
HI everyone!

I am at very problematic stage of my career and would highly appreciate any of your tips and guidance as probably even career counsellors are too busy selling their extravagant courses to students like me, and thye aren't quite happy with the idea of ppl like me not falling for their tomfoolery , anyway here it goes.

I am a General Corporate , M&A and Banking Finance enthusiast , having gradated from a s**T a*ss college in 2023 (by the description, you might have realized how bad it is - no placements , no internship support etc.etc.) . I am deeply interested in the aforementioned practice areas, however , wherever I am applying, I getting responses like "We need someone with at least 1 year of Experience" , experience", which I am not able to fulfil unfortunately , although had i been a relation of HG Wells, I would have borrowed the Time Machine from him , went ahead in time, did my exp. and came back to fulfill their criteria. Which i do not have presently .

Now , All I am getting are assessment internships , with no real job conversion protentional or even worse, regular internships. Now i would like suggestions that what should I do at this point? Should i go about another year just interning , considering i have reasonable experience in the practice area but since the market norms are very strict , I am helpless, or shall I switch to another practice area for the sake of livelihood and a decent designation (P.S. Assessment interns/trainees are more or less like the accurate embodiment of the famous hindi saying " Dobhi ka k*** , na ghar ka na Ghat ka). I was considering doing llm from Jindal or Symbi , but considering the slim to none placement prospects there, I have decided to save the masters for another day (probably ill give CLAT again for a Top NLU or go for NISM) .

I am sure there are a lot and lot and lot and lot and HELL lot of students like me who are stuck in a precarious position of not getting placed through college, and not having a litigation background , so kindly offer me with any sort of reasonable solution to the problem .I shall be highly thankful to you . I was also considering joining LPOs and Consultancy services given they are meant for freshers only, but now not in favour very much since they do not have growth prospects later (albeit I can be wrong in my assesement also so no strict decisions) .

P.S. i am writing this question my appointment with a well-known career counsellor got rescheduled as he/she was simply 'busy' and decided to rescheduled the appointment for day after tomorrow.

Thanks
See do your diligence and ask the recruiter about chances of converting assessment into a job. Go for assessment that guarantees a job.

Apply at botique likes Acumen legal, Anagram etc. If you perform your best and your help turn out to be indispensable, they will surely recruit you
Any tips how to effectively approach them .I asked a tier 2 law firm for an assessment, they said they only offer jobs to experienced ppl or ppos to final year students.Now what to do??
So where do those who graduated without ppo go? I dont get it. People want "experience" for even fresher jobs lol. Insane.

Guys please comment if any firm is looking for assessment interns?
HI everyone!

I am at very problematic stage of my career and would highly appreciate any of your tips and guidance as probably even career counsellors are too busy selling their extravanagnt courses to students like me, and thy aren't quite happy with the idea of ppl like me not falling for their tomfoolery , anyway here it goes.

I am a General Corporate , M&A and Banking Finance enthusiast , having graduated from a s**T a*ss college in 2023 (by the description, you might have realized how bad it is - no placements , no intenrship support etc.etc.) . I am deeply interested in the aforementioned paractice areas, however , wherever I am applying, I getting responses like "We need someone with at least 1 year of Experiece" , experience", which I am not able to fulfil unfortunately , although had i been a relation of HG Wells, I would have borrowed the Time Machine from him , went ahead in time, did my exp. and came back to fulfill their criteria. Which i do not have presently .

Now , All I am getting are assessment internships , with no real job conversion protentional or even worse, regular internships. Now i would like suggestions that what should I do at this point? Should i go about another year just interning , considering i have reasonable experience in the practice area but since the market norms are very strict , I am helpless, or shall I switch to another practice area for the sake of livelihood and a decent designation (P.S. Assessment interns/trainees are more or less like the accurate embodiment of the famous hindi saying " Dobhi ka k*** , na ghar ka na Ghat ka). I was considering doing llm from Jindal or Symbi , but considering the slim to none placement prospects there, I have decided to save the masters for another day (probably ill give CLAT again for a Top NLU or go for NISM) .

I am sure there are a lot and lot and lot and lot and HELL lot of students like me who are stuck in a precarious position of not getting placed through college, and not having a litigation background , so kindly offer me with any sort of reasonable solution to the problem .I shall be highly thankful to you . I was also considering joining LPOs and Consultancy services given they are meant for freshers only, but now not in favour very much since they do not have growth prospects later (albeit I can be wrong in my assesement also so no strict decisions) .

P.S. i am writing this question my appointment with a well-known career counsellor got rescheduled as he/she was simply 'busy' and decided to rescheduled the appointment for day after tomorrow.

Thanks