Read 10 comments as:
Filter By
I know a few partners who are just jealous of such people. The biglaw (Indian equivalents) need only gullible kids with inflated grades who can put their head down and work without any original approach to deals/disputes. The entire system is flawed right from law school to the workplaces. I never understood any of it so left India after clocking 3 years at Amarchand (in the formative years) and now sit with the "International Arbitration" team of a leading Singapore law firm.
I've had some experience in a Dubai based international arbitration team. I've heard it's a bit difficult to figure out a job in the Singaporean market because of how hiring works, and that it isn't as "open" as other countries in the region. What's been your experience? How easy is it to shift to something like a R&T?
Making the shift is significantly easier if you have worked for 2-3 years in Capital Markets with leading Indian law firms but lateralling across other practice areas in Singapore may happen if you:

1) Get an LLM for National University of Singapoore (NUS)

2) Have previous work experiences (arbitrations/deals) with law firms based out of Singapore; which was so in my case thereof.
A VC internship indicates that your daddy is a big shot since PE / VC firms don't otherwise offer internships to law students. So, I guess it will be viewed favourably.