Read 39 comments as:
Filter By
First give CLAT again, then subsequently get into a T1 NLU and think about this conundrum post that. Why stress over 2 options when you do not have 1 of them? The chances of getting into a T1 NLU are marginal, so stressing right now makes 0 sense
NLUO is a decent law school, you will graduate when you are 25. That is a lot. I am 23 right now and have been working here for 1 year already. Years and times of our lives are highly precious. Do not let them get away if you'll end up at the same place eventually.
That is a lot but that isnโ€™t an exception. Sometimes not joining around 22-23 is perfectly fine if the institution matters in the long run
He might end up in a difference place altogether. You are right but at the same time your thinking is a bit outdated.
Search deeply. Your batch or the batches lower or above you have people who were just like OP. They might be even in top positions now. This advice wonโ€™t work anymore
Not a good logic at all. 60 percent of associates join around 23 and the remaining folks are 24/25 anyway if you search deep. Itโ€™s very common. Age isnโ€™t an issue at a law firm.
I share the same feelings. I feel itโ€™s written by my younger self. Good advice :)
I am glad to know that you are helping people out like this. More power to you โค๏ธ
No lol. I personally know a frnd , joining Nujs around 20. Infact a few of my acquaintances are joining Nluj around 19 and they will be 20 this year anyway. Please donโ€™t think you are old.
I am also preparing like you with a backup in hand. Same exact situation. Can we get in touch via an anonymous email. We can share our topics together too for gk if you want.
Hey, OP here. I'd love to get in touch through email with you! GK is without a doubt the most important section in the exam, and I'm sure we'll both perform better in it if we collaborate.
Lele drop , but keep it partial. I am a fellow double dropper as well and I have no problem settling in with the batch. In fact everyone is receptive and why wonโ€™t they?
Clat is preponed by two weeks. Stop asking questions , stop getting distracted and focus on clat. And no 20 isnโ€™t too old
It isnโ€™t. Infact itโ€™s very normal. I have seen multiple 21 year olds as well. Just chill relax and study. Itโ€™s perfectly fine for a person like you to join clat. Also you are giving clat this year itself so you can even claim that you clat cracked earlier. Go give it.
Gone are the trends where you worry about drop years. Nowadays people understand if you have a good justification. I say go for it
You can obviously go for it but make sure you are quite sure. Not cracking it will make you more demotivated. But you do make into the tier-1 arena , itโ€™s all set. And you are not that old for a reason. So be less tensed.
Keep a low profile till December , talk to people but majority of your time should be devoted to studying. Prep for clat along with balancing acad at NLUโ€™O. Itโ€™s a big deal if you make it. So just hustle.
He will be in his 2nd year this Summer. I hope this answers your question.

PS: I am OP's batchmate (was a friend initially). But then I found out that he was the one "jo sabke room ki kundi lagata h hostel me (including mine)". Sudhar jaa bhai.
Attempt CLAT once more. The difference between NLUO and Tier-1 is huge. However, it is better than a lot of universities. I would suggest taking admission in NLUO and start preparing for next year's CLAT.