Read 22 comments as:
Filter By
Hi guys especially nlu-d folks. I know you are being targeted at LI by some nlus below you who are not ready to accept their defeat even after transparency. Your post get moderated as trollish while their posts pass and wreck havoc with misinformation. All I want to say is that in the market and real world NLU-D competes with NLSIU and maybe nalsar and not anyone else . We host the toughest law entrance. Even more if any ‘other’ nlu tells us our placements are worse than them , it doesn’t matter because they are lying and don’t pay heed to them. Even Nalsarites compete with us not ‘anyone’ below us. This thread is cruel as they are filled with students from a particular nlu. So let’s not be sad. They are soon to be overtaken by another nlu below them. Let’s be happy. I hope the moderator passes this cause not a single nlu below us is mentioned explicitly.
Thank you for having successfully trolled NLUD better than any other comments.
That particular nlu will also tell everyone that they only release placement reports. In reality , they do it out of insecurity to remain relevant.
Lol, I hope this isn’t for real. But as someone from NLUD, the salary figures are definitely problematic and should ideally be revised. It’s on par with other tier-1s, and not more and not much less. I also don’t see what’s the need to put rather inaccurate data on the NIRF just to get some rank, we were considered one of the good law schools way before NIRF started. It feels like it’s becoming some top rank “X years in a row” game now.

That being said, some of the comments about NLUD here are just as inaccurate as some of the NIRF scores. Clearly an attempt to spread malicious misinformation on the basis of one or two discrepancies in NIRF submissions. And it does reek of insecurity and bitterness rather than actually calling for transparency in a constructive manner. I get that on an anonymous forum there will be trolling, but the moderator should really do a better job on his own basic fact checks rather than publishing anything that’s said.
Please do 'report' inaccuracies in comments and we can take a look and attempt to redact if required / possible.
I support OP. NIRF is the official government ranking. So deal with it. NLSIU, NLUD and NALSAR are the Big 3 and Tier 1. Full stop. Even if I accept NALSAR could be higher than NLUD, the Big 3/Tier 1 hierarchy stays. It's like this: Even if I accept that the IIM Big 3 is IIMA>IIMC>IIMB, rather than IIMA>IIMB>IIMC, the Big 3/Tier 1 hierarchy is not disturbed.
Exactly. Maybe the rankings later on have problems , scrap that , huge problems. But this top 3 list is 100 percent accurate
Rightfully marked trollish, for once. I hope you realise that your jealousy won't make NLUD any less top-tier, regardless of NIRF.
As a recent graduate from NUJS, I will say this. I consider NLUD to be a very good place to study law at for any student in this country at present. It has made a name for itself within less than 5 years from when their first batch had graduated, which is always a good indicator of the quality of an institution. I consider NLUD to be a place from which many other institutions including my own alma can learn several things. Whether NLUD too can and should learn from other institutions is of course a matter for their own students to ponder about and not my place to comment upon. I have got several friends from there with whom I am on the best of terms, and they are as good and capable as any that I have seen. I have never understood the motivation of all the anonymous mudslinging that goes on in this forum, be it against NLUD, NUJS, NLSIU or anywhere else.

To the young law students or aspirants who visit here, I would like to only say that the real world is quite different, with those who are successful or on their way to achieving success understanding that you don't have to drag anyone else down in order to do better, and that this industry is too small to engage in petty and mindless bickering with each other. If NLUD has got any shortcoming, then I would expect their students, admin and faculty to work together on their own to sort that out, just as we would be trying to do that for NUJS. I don't really see what business outsiders have with that, or any constructive difference that the vitriol spewed here serves. The moderator has not really done a good job in controlling all this hatred that goes on around this NIRF ranking business every year, but at the same time, we all can and should do better too. Let's all support each other instead of tearing into each other, the educational scene and the profession would both benefit from such sense, I assure you. Neither I, nor anybody whom I know in real life from my university has got any ill-will towards NLUD or its students, or NLSIU, NALSAR or anyone else for that matter, and I haven't actually known anyone from those places to have such either. That's the real world deal for you, LI notwithstanding. Peace out.
One thing I’ll agree with here. AILET is definitely a higher quality exam compared to CLAT. Less scams and paper leaks, actually difficult questions. Not nonsense like the spelling of Ukrainian president’s name.

How else can NLUD graduates be performing better than almost every other NLU which admit CLAT rankers (except perhaps NLS to some extent)?
NLUD graduates haven't been performing better in any field compared to those from other NLUs. And AILET is an entirely opaque exam, leaving little scope for challenge and having been subjected to allegations like one coaching centre having sent huge number of people together through it. In addition, it is entirely against equity, costing law students more money and is against the spirit of the Supreme Court order requiring all NLUs to conduct a common entrance exam. This is why NLUD gets criticised, because trolls like you keep making such absurd comments on its behalf.
What is this coaching centre issue with ailet? Is this really true?
A 12-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 19-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 55-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 57-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 29-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.