Read 16 comments as:
Filter By
Pagal ho kya? I am sorry but no. NO! Go there and retake clat if you want to save your life.
Placements aren't there in govt law colleges beta , y don't u understand.Haan it has a decent alumuni base in the Litigation circles of Delhi and UP, but corporate, it's a big no no.
Bro you would do yourself and your family a big favor by disregarding the NIRF ranking in totality, like all other intelligent people here.
Boss!!

Firstly, taking admission in JMI doesn't remain the same easy task which use to be, considering the 25K application failing each year from last 3 consecutive years.

Still if you want to take admission, Its all depend on yours circumstances.

Last year I also opted JMI over sub tier 2 NLUs based on NIRF ranking [it was 7 earlier].

Key consideration that makes me to do so;

1) Location advantage:

- You won't believe it; if you want to pursue corporate, SAM, DSK, Induslaw, Ahlawat and many firms have their office within 4 KM of radius.

- New friends colony & Defence colony (heaven of & for boutique firms) are 3 KM & 7 KM far respectively.

2) Accessibility to different judicature:

- Honorable Supreme Court, 9.8 Km

- Honourable Delhi HC, 8.1 Km

- 7 district courts:

a) Tis Hazari Courts

b) Patiala House Court

c) Rouse Avenue Court

d) Karkardooma Court

e) Saket Court

f) Rohini Court

g) Dwarka Court

- 10 Tribunals:

a) Appellate Tribunal for Electricity

b) Central Administrative Tribunal

c) Competition Appellate Tribunal

d) Customs, Excise and Service Tax Appellate Tribunal

e) Cyber Appellate Tribunal

f) Income Tax Appellate Tribunal

g) Railway Claims Tribunal

h) Debt Recovery Tribunal

i) National Company Law Tribunal

j) National Green Tribunal

3) FEES;

No law school can give you a well reputed degree for the nominal fee of 9,600 per year within the geographical & extra-geographical boundary of India.

4) RCA:

If your interest is titled by CSE, you can avail internal quota in RCA & congratulations then you've 27% probability that you can crack it, in comparision of 1.7% success rate of any renowned extravagant coaching.

5) Interdisciplinary environment:

You'll get to meet people from diverse disciplines, & it's very much possible that they can be your potential client or can act as yardstick to bridge you & a far client.

6) 10th Semester exclusive for internships:

You'll get almost 6 crucial months during your ultimate year of graduation to go through as many as (Assessment based) internship, without any headache for a single day of class during those last semester.

Coming to placement, there is no guarantee from the administration perhaps because of their traditional approach to build JMI, a factory for judges. But there exists an implied guarantee that if you'll do smart work, you can make grandiose connections that can ultimately ensure that you'll get PPO beforehand.

Hope you'll find this useful, take a risk in the life, do something out of the box & you'll thanks me later.
Only NLU tag matters- you will be unsuccessful everywhere else. NLUs are supreme, no one comes close, especially JGLS. Go to CNLU- it's the most upcoming NLU and Patna is just beautiful.
You didn't sit for Jamia's entrance exam. So you are not eligible to comment about them. That's how funny your logic is.
A 40-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.