Read 3 comments as:
Filter By
Hi everyone. Before I start, please know that I'm relatively new here. So I have almost no idea how this website works lol. Having said that, this seems like the only place I'll find some genuine advice. This is going to be a long post, so please bear with me.

I graduated with science from school this year. PCB, to be precise. Prepared to get into med school. Partly because it seemed like the only option that was well-to-do and associated with prestige, given the notion of "BSc gRadUatEs are PoOr".

I was in the middle of 11th grade when I realised that STEM subjects are not my cup of tea. Also, realising that I took up science just because I liked the sound of it wasn't helping matters. Long story short, I couldn't crack the NEET.

About my abilities, I do seem to have a knack for debating and I absolutely LOVE reading. So much so that I would much rather read random stuff on Wikipedia than watch TV (which probably doesn't quite give the picture, but nvm)

I've started preparing for the CLAT, my prep having commenced from the first of June this year. Mock scores are okayish, for someone who has had no prep till now. I think I'll be able to improve, but I'm having second thoughts about it lately. I've always had an overthinking problem, and I'm pretty sure I have anxiety (even though my Mum suggests otherwise). I don't know if I'll be able to put up with law school, given the notions of it being toxic, etc. But I thoroughly enjoy studying law. I know studying law and practicing law are very different from one another, but if I assume I'm able to do away with my overthinking and anxiety, will it be a wise choice?

Please help. Hoping to get a response
I'm a PA at a top tier law firm and suffer from acute anxiety. My reasons for doing this are similar to yours - I genuinely love the law. But I'm not going to lie - given my anxiety, this takes a huge toll on me, mentally and physically. There's this constant ball of dread in my stomach, and I sometimes find it difficult to breathe. Genuinely not sure how long I can keep going on like this.
Not meaning to be offensive , but instead of asking these questions you should focus on clat. The responses here will make you more anxious. It seems like you have opted clat because it’s easier. That’s really not the case. Loving law and cracking clat are sometimes inversely proportional. Also please don’t equate random Wikipedia reading to your love of reading.

Also to someone who says Bsc graduates are poor - “IISC proves otherwise”

That being said , you definitely can improve if you straighten your approach. Focus on mock analysis , don’t mug up gk rather focus on newspaper reading and revise the legal basics. Clat has become unpredictable. And so your prep should be solid.