Read 15 comments as:
Filter By
Can anyone tell me what is the real salary of an IAS officer and district judge?? I mean how much they earn
If you are struggling to get the salaries of positions like the IAS and a district judge then I am afraid, you won't be able to clear any of them!
The question is incorrectly framed given that it compares a district judge (which is a rank, not a service) with IAS which is a service having officers of different ranks. You should be asking for a comparison of the salary of a District & Sessions Judge (who would be a judicial officer with 25-30 years of service and who heads the judiciary in the district) with that of the executive head of the district who would typically be an IAS officer with 8-10 years of service in the IAS (if he/she was promoted to IAS from the state civil service, his/her total service could be 22-30 years, in which case he/she would be of the same age group as the District Judge). The IAS executive head of a district is known by different designations in different states such as Deputy Commissioner (in Punjab, Haryana, etc.), District Collector (in Rajasthan), District Magistrate (in UP), etc. and gets substantially less salary than the District Judge. The salary of the District Judge is roughly the same as that of the Divisional Commissioner to whom the DC/DM reports. In fact, even the multiple Additional District Judges in a district (who, along with the District Judge belong to what is called the higher judicial service) are equivalent to the Divisional Commissioner, salary wise. An IAS officer becomes a Divisional Commissioner (the equivalent of Joint Secretary in Govt. of India) after about 16-17 years of service in the IAS.
ADJ basic is 1,44,840 while commissioner have 1,44,200 means ADJ still have Rs.640 more than Commi. forget to compare with SG/STS grade & he is saying D&SJ have roughly same salary as Divisional Commissioner 🀣. First of all D&SJ is just a post & salary paid to cadre not to post so any JO's in DJ (either in entry grade or Selection grade or STS) cadre can be appointed. So Also the judicial head of district if from STS garde would have Rs. 17K higher salary than Additional Secretary to Govt. of India (Pr. Secretary of State).

Also the executive head of districts i.e., The DM get far lesser salary than DJ cadre even not near to his counterpart Judicial grade i.e., CJM. They just have Rs.900 higher than fresher or newly appointed Civil Judge.

One can be ADJ min. within 11yr of service (in bigger states) & 13 to 14 yr ( smaller states) equiavlent to Joint Secretary to GoI.
Consider the salary, perks and the career progression to get a clear picture. The perks of a district judge are nowhere close to the perks of an IAS officer. In fact, the perks alone show the importance attached to the respective positions.
IAS are given this facilities becoz they themselves are policy makers πŸ˜‚πŸ€πŸ½ they make this facilities available to themselves. Moreover they are slaves ministers!

Judicial Officers have peaceful life and doesn’t have to handle any political pressure unless they care about their post retirement benefits!
Salary of

IAS : Rs.56,100/m - Rs. 2.25lpmDistrict Judge : Rs. 1.45lpm - Rs. 2.24lpm
"real" salary? There's no limit to what an IAS earns. DJ is usually a fixed number, just google.
Google se bahar nikal le Bhai, influencers ke reels mat dekh

Why would one show black money on google.
Too cute to see first years thinking judges are not corrupt, and are honest and unbiased.
IAS officers start at Level 10 in 7th Central Pay Scale with other benefits and district judge is almost at par with level 14 ( judiciary has separate pay scale)