Read 29 comments as:
Filter By
Technically it is not discrimination. Don't want to explain law school basics. But if the professor is asking for non-NLU students, then it would not count as discrimination. The same is not the case for a situation otherwise.
Its okay when the hr does this? or when seniors of chambers do it? How often do u raise the same concern then? I can send u a post by adv. jai anant something on linkedin stupidly saying he only prefers interns from NLUs and I would like to see you complain about how discriminatory it is, then we will talk.
Jai Dehadarai? You can give him interns from Harvard and Oxford even - ▮▮▮
In the era of "Only NLU Students should apply", that Prof wrote, "Non-NLU students are 'welcomed' to apply".

Is that discrimination?
Oh so the Indian professor wants his own Pygmalion moment.

You know to feel like a God who gets to feel proud about having crafted a new personality single handedly.

There's no fun with NLU grads who are mostly already moulded and know what to do.

It's quite possible that he wants to derive satisfaction from moulding impressionable law students, not the highly proficient know all NLUites who are quite intimidating in their knowledge and expression + ability to question and correct seniors.
Sorry I must totally disagree with you because I was an RA for the Prof and it was my best internship experience. I have done an LLM from Cambridge and now am teaching in India. What you are saying is not correct. I will encourage anyone to apply because if you get the chance, it'll be a very good experience for you
Biggest lolzaa comment award bruh. How can such trolls be even allowed on this platform.
I think the idea is to give those students a chance who otherwise may have access to fewer opportunities than NLU students. Seems reasonable.
Do you have any basis for this "assumption" qua his preference? or is this just a shot in the dark because he may have rejected you?
I interned under the Professor 6 years ago and I am still in touch with him. He's the best mentor you can ever hope to find
In fact, the average non-NLU student these days is actually better, as most NLU seats are for reserved candidates and merit seats are few.
NLU kids applying for the RA spot exists

Le that prof: What colour is your non-NLU?
This is why we need more emphasis in the English section for CLAT. He said "welcome", not "preferred".
Why even 'welcome' needs to be especially mentioned. That enough is sufficient to indicate a preference. The fact that 'preferred' is not used only indicates that the expression is not strongly worded, otherwise the fact that a category was especially mentioned is sufficient to indicate the intention. I thought law schools teach 'purposive' interpretation that goes behind the literal interpretation. So take your english section emphasis where it needs to go.