Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
https://www.barandbench.com/interviews/being-first-designated-senior-nliu-distinction-responsibility-senior-advocate-gaurav-chopra

"While I am a second-generation lawyer, I did not get much time to spend with my father. My first day in court was on the July 1, 2003. My father, unfortunately, passed away on August 8. So, I never got that so-called advantage. The advantage was that I was still the son of a very well-reputed lawyer. So, yes, I inherited an office. But then there was the burden of expectation. That if you do well, it was because youโ€™re somebodyโ€™s son and if you didnโ€™t do well, you are a blot on your father etc.

Nepotism is a very exaggerated concept. Ultimately, in this profession, it's your hard work, delivery in court and level of preparation that will determine whether you make it big or not. I believe it would be very unfair for anybody to not give credit to a person who despite belonging to a legal background does well. It has its own shares of ups and downs."
I don't know why these people deflect. No one is saying they don't work hard. All they are saying is that someone who is placed differently who works as hard but doesn't have these advantages and networks will not get as far. It is one thing to have privilege and another to be so tone deaf.
I stopped reading his justification after reading , โ€œWhile I am a second-generation lawyerโ€ฆโ€ฆ.โ€