Read 7 comments as:
Filter By
Hi friends. I am at a third year programme at top 3 NLUs. I have done quite a few internships , published well , participated in selective moots. However one thing I have realised is that I don’t want to go into corporate. I want to settle in US for MBA or bar practice.No , I don’t come from a very rich family. However my grades are stellar and I need your help to choose to figure out a pathway based upon following three options.

1. JD accelerated programme at Northwestern University - not the traditional long term JD but Pritzker school of law is known for this program. The university will provide scholarships on three grounds - A) CGPA B)SOP C)Lsat score - one advantage this programme is giving is that straight out of law school I can sit at this programme. They will also start asking transcripts from my 4th year.

2. GMAT- I will be anyway giving the exam next year. I have started taking preparation for it as well. Eyeing the T-15 business schools. My top targets are -Haas , Virginia and Tuck. The M7 is too tough to crack. The gmat score has to be minimum 750 to get into programmes like (Yale SS , Harvard or MIT)

3. LLM - I have shown academic prowess but that’s not enough to get that Ivy League tag. So which US LLMs are job-oriented and on a whole new level of questioning , is the degree worth it over the other two programmes I mentioned?
Solely for the purpose you said you want to work in USA now LLM’s across globe have little relation with employment on the other hand nowadays mba’s have demand across sectors and it being a stem degree further gives you more chances for an H1B, sadly the legal profession is very jurisdictional in nature as apposed to an mba or tech degree. Please go for an mba.
It is very tough to get into tho. You gotta give lsat and have a score of around 170. My frnd tried for it but failed miserably.