Read 33 comments as:
Filter By
Texted a Symbi alum, got an internship and subsequently secured a job at Khaitan. Trust me shit like this possible.
We never deny the DQ quota. Around 80 seats are up for DQ. I am just talking about the other 220 who got in through hard work. Every good student (top 30%) at SLS had an offer in hand by the end of August.
How is that possible? SLS interviews take place right around the same time as CLAT. Most people don't even go to the interview stage unless they haven't cracked the CLAT merit list.
If someone got into GNLU or NLUJ, then I doubt they'd care about the SLS interview. Hardly anyone would opt for SLS-P over these places.
Many NLU kids are ashamed to acknowledge that they couldn’t get through SLS. Many people who are currently in NLUJ, GNLU failed the interview. Sad state of affairs.
That’s called extra credit and you already waive those off in your 4th year if you want. Whom are you fooling?
That's an interesting practice. However, in most of the top NLUs, all students who want a job are placed by the time the 5th Year classes start, so the situations are not comparable.
Lets also talk about how SLS is the only college with no external exams in 5th year so students can focus on getting a job. This offers a lot of flexibility.
The person who I mentioned was rank 260/280 in his batch. Yet he is in a good position today. So I am not talking about just the toppers, they would do well anywhere.
Isn't symbiosis better than jgls in terms of placements?

Ps: Don't bring the financial considerations into play because most people who can afford jgls also reject it. I mean like only 1000 people even write lsat.
Its a solid 8/10 but it depends on how you look at it. SLS (Pune) has a very strong alumni base to be very honest and that itself is why their students thrive in my opinion. Speak to an insider to be better informed. Good luck!