Read 4 comments as:
Filter By
By Personal Finance I mean how to calculate and pay income tax, the different types of bank accounts, how to invest through SIP, PPF, NPS, KVP, mutual funds etc, how to trade in stocks and shares, how to buy and register property etc. Plus, how to plan a household budget. This is an essential real-world subject that is not taught properly (if at all) in school. Also, most parents don't teach this to kids and most parents themselves are not fully educated about all this. If you studied science/humanities in plus 2 and your parents are in science/humanities professions, then it's likely that your knowledge will be a big zero. So why can't NLUs teach it?

If you agree, now comes the second question: what non-law subject should it replace? The options are:

1. Socio I (usually Western sociology)

2. Socio II (usually Indian sociology, most of it focused on caste)

3. Pol Science I (usually Western political theory)

4. Pol Science II (usually Indian political science, most of it related to the Constitution)

5. History I (usually Western history)

6. History II (usually Indian legal and constitutional history)

7. Economics I (Microeconomics)

8. Economics II (Macroeconomics)

My vote goes to removing Socio II. I won't bother stating the reasons in detail, because the moderator will probably censor it, but it's related to the political bias of the profs teaching it.
I think this should ideally be taught in the 12th grade irrespective of the stream you choose. These are very important things for everyone
They can teach this as an elective no ? Why you have to replace any of the subjects that already are in the curriculum for a good reason ?