Read 28 comments as:
Filter By
Not sure about the 2023 batch, but the batch of 2022 had pretty decent placements. Trilegal hired 11 students as part of day zero for their Mumbai and Bangalore offices. Some of them got PPO's at AZB, SAM and other tier 1/2 firms. Rest have joined leading litigation chambers while others Ventured into non-corporate Avenues like academia etc. It's a university that's worth considering.
Hey I have a genuine question. Do you people pour chutney inside the Dosa or you guys eat it separately?
I'm a PA at a tier 2 law firm and I had been to the university for quite a few times to judge their Med-Ard moot court competition.

To be honest TNNLU has been a very underrated University among the set of NLU's. It's the only university that started it's operations with a fully constructed permanent campus, and it really is a beautiful campus with good infrastructure.

2013-15 was a dark phase since the first VC was a political appointee. Then Arun Roy IAS (NLSIU passout) was brought in as VC in charge and he really did change the scene for the better. The best days was when prof. Kamala shankaran from DU was brought in as VC. She got in really good faculty from DU and other elite colleges.

TNNLU has MOU's with NLSIU and NLU-D for faculty exchange and it's been put to use is what I've heard from current students. Their academic curriculum is pretty good and it's quite rigorous. Not easy to pass and fool around. It's a pretty good bet over other newer NLU's. The Madras High Court and the state government is pretty much involved for the betterment of the university (sufficient grants and industry participation and not unnecessary political intervention).

This is what I had observed from my visits to the university. Hope it helps
The placement of TNNLU'23 is pretty good, looking at the numbers as of now! People got placed in various tier 1 and 2 law firms which includes... Trilegal, SAM, LKS, TLGS Consulting Group, M2K Advisors... Trilegal was the top recruiter this year too... Most probably AZB will join the recruitment race very soon! 2023 marks 10 years of TNNLU and it has really been only of the underrated NLUs in India!
This is true. LKS Chennai has been a regular recruiter from TNNLU since 2019. Other regular recruiters have been ICUL and Trilegal.

From my observation, the TNNLU crowd has not been solely focussed on the corporate side alone. There is a healthy mix of inclination towards academia, policy research, civil services, judiciary and also litigation.

Alums from the batch of 2018 and 2019 have cleared upsc and state judicial services. I know your question was posted on the corporate side but giving you a clearer picture.
Final Placement Stats for Batch of 2023

Trilegal - 5 (through Placement Drive)

SAM - 1 (PPO)

LKS - 1 (PPO)

CAM - Interviewed. Yet to roll out offer.
What is with this obsession that law graduates are supposed to go only for law firm jobs? This is the main reason why people like you judge a law University based on corporate placements alone which is a very rigid approach. There are people out who want to pursue Litigation, appear for competitive exams , pursue judicial clerkships, entrepreneurship, academia etc etc. The list goes on. If a top NLU is able to have a diverse graduate group there's appreciation, but if TNNLU attempts to have it, invitation for judgement on bad corporate placements.
Release the list officially first. People talk about jobs from campus because that's verifiable and objective and often depends on university reputation and alumni strength.
What official list do you want? Make a simple LinkedIn search and you will know for yourself what the alumni are recent graduates are upto. And coming to official list, how many public/private universities release official lists?

Ok let me take the initiative to give you a fair and indicative list of what the graduates are upto

Law firms - AZB, CAM, SAM, Trilegal, Khaitan, Chandiok & Mahajan, Dha Associates, Tatva Legal, Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan, HSB partners,
Those which don't release official list shouldn't brag about placements.
Continued..

Inhouse companies - Infosys, PNB, Karur vyssya bank, Quess Corp ltd.

Litigation - difficult to list out with specific names. Suffice to say that there are several of them who have joined leading senior counsels/chambers in Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Bangalore and other tier 2/3 cities. Some of them have even branched out and started counsel practice.

Academia - LLM from Cambridge , LSE, QMUL, Leiden, NYU (indicative list.). Domestic LLM include several passouts from NLS, TISS, APU, NLU jodhpur. Many have joined teaching positions (Jgls, TNNLU, NLIU etc).

Recently an alum who finished her LLM from NYU have joined world bank.

So ya. Graduates have done well for themselves.
Not believing any of it because there is no official report. Anyone can claim anything here.
Whatever that was commented above, I.e post qualification details of alumni are well available on LinkedIn and public domain. It's just a simple search. But nah you just want to troll a young nlu that's doing well for itself.
So your grads teach at JGLS now? That's because of the foreign LLM, not where they have graduated from. Also, explains the falling quality of teaching at NLIU and JGLS.
Oh so if not for TNNLU, did those graduates get their UG degree in your garden and then go for a top ranked LLM abroad?