Read 5 comments as:
Filter By
Don’t know about other Tier 1s but a certain T1 has an absolutely useless way to apply for leave. You need to text “everyone” you are working with to check if the days you want leave are okay and if the leave would be possible. Most of them will says Uhm ab theek he hai but we hope you will be carrying your laptop (ofc, not even arguing or criticising it because it is what it is). Then you’ll have to drop a email to the main / reporting partners and get their okay as well minimum a month prior. Then right before you leave is about to start i.e., three days before they will staff you on a “quick”matter. You will tell them you are going on a leave soon but you’ll be badgered in saying it won’t be a problem as it a “quick”research only. The quick research as you see would last minimum 7 days. You remind your senior that your leaving is starting tomorrow and hence they should look for someone who can fill in and that’s when you’ll be shouted at and looked down up- well all of us are working, stop reminding about the leave, you can do it on your vacation, partner needs the quick research, up to you how will you figure out. You ask them but this is categorically why you informed of the leave, you have done your due as much but there is a reason why you took a go ahead from everyone for the leave right. You senior is shocked and gives a view that you know means forgetting a good appraisal.

Jab leave nahi deni toh approve kyun kari?
Do all teams do this??? Genuine question - how do you seniors sustain yourselves like this without a break? Working 24x7/365 has been exhausting after just one year. My last leave application felt like I was physically pulling my teeth out of my mouth. Please help with tips or just give us some time off in peace man